someone reversed into my car!

dr bru

long story but basically someone reversed into my car at high speed with me in it at work! due to the fact I was at work I tried to stay as calm as I could but it did help that the guy that did it was apologetic.

I have the paintshield protection on my car and i think it saved the paint work but there are stractches on the film. Looks like im going get him to pay to have it removed and then a new one applied.

what a wanted to ask was will removing the film damage the paintwork at all. Will be taking the car back to autoasylum who did the original fitment

no body damage as far as i can tell thank god and he did actually hit me pretty hard!

called paintshield already. they said something about having to steam it off although the guy said he had never done it before which didnt fill me with too much confidence!

thing is it was in my work car park so i couldnt have done anything. It had been anywhere else chances are I would have gone crazy because the way the accident happened was unbelieable and reckless. I just hope the film can be removed but i think the guy is going to have a heart attack when I tell him that to remove it and fit a new one is like £400!!! he just better not kick up a fuss then!

thing is it was in my work car park so i couldnt have done anything. It had been anywhere else chances are I would have gone crazy because the way the accident happened was unbelieable and reckless. I just hope the film can be removed but i think the guy is going to have a heart attack when I tell him that to remove it and fit a new one is like £400!!! he just better not kick up a fuss then!

LOL - your outside the gate so it's OK!!! Unless he's above you :blush:

Only joking mate... If I was him I'd go through the insurance, won't affect him long as he's got protection and full no claims :)

funny you should say that. First thing that i attempted to find out was what his position is (not senior to me!)but last thing i want to do is cause havoc at my place of work. He seemed very apologetic at the time and I said that he was lucky that the damage was only on the film. i still think he will have a heart attack when he realises how much it will cost to fix. Hes lucky in a way though, if i didnt have the film tha cost to respray would be a lot more.

Just hope this is sorted out the way it should be with minimal fuss for everyones sake!

funny you should say that. First thing that i attempted to find out was what his position is (not senior to me!)but last thing i want to do is cause havoc at my place of work. He seemed very apologetic at the time and I said that he was lucky that the damage was only on the film. i still think he will have a heart attack when he realises how much it will cost to fix. Hes lucky in a way though, if i didnt have the film tha cost to respray would be a lot more.

Just hope this is sorted out the way it should be with minimal fuss for everyones sake!

Sorry mate I think a respray would be cheaper :dry:

Real ball breaker when someone goes into your pride and joy! Still waiting for the second lot of reapir work to be done on mine from a learner driver which ploughed into it - 1st repair work was shoddy - hence re doing! Note the incident dates back to April 06! :angry::angry::angry:

Hope you get it all sorted mate!

Dont think so unless you go to Bodgit and Dodgit, quality resprays on Metalics are NOT cheaper than the film (Dodgy ones are though)

Cheers

Tom

Dont think so unless you go to Bodgit and Dodgit, quality resprays on Metalics are NOT cheaper than the film (Dodgy ones are though)

Cheers

Tom

Depends on who you know :)

Can't see Nissan charging over 400 quid tho!!!

ok so i called tom at paintshield today and he was very helpful as usual. Suggested using some IPA to try and get rid of the scuff marks and guess what it seems to have done so! gonna give the car a good clean tomorrow so I can have a good look to see if any damage is left. think there is a little tear but it is pretty minimal. Wish me luck and ill let you know how i get on

and a big thanks to Tom at Paintshield as always!

ok so i called tom at paintshield today and he was very helpful as usual. Suggested using some IPA to try and get rid of the scuff marks and guess what it seems to have done so! gonna give the car a good clean tomorrow so I can have a good look to see if any damage is left. think there is a little tear but it is pretty minimal. Wish me luck and ill let you know how i get on

and a big thanks to Tom at Paintshield as always!

IPA?

When you're my age that most likely stands for India Pale Ale! Nevr heard of it being good at dissolving glue, just brains. :teeth: