Milltek or ?

Kaminari

Hi All,

My Z's exhaust has just started blowing, so it's time to get a new one. I've trawled through the forums and the web looking for alternatives, and it seems that all of the really interesting exhausts have to come from the U.S. which is a fairly risky proposition IMO.

Anyway, I've pretty much decided to go with a Milltek exhaust as it looks reasonably stock, but from reports is slightly louder at higher revs. What I would like to find out is whether anyone has good or bad experiences with them. Oh, and if anyone thinks I'm wasting money and should go for something else, then that would be helpful too! ;)

Finally, does anyone know of a reputable supplier and fitter in the Surrey area?

Thanks!

Kaz

Hi Kaz - if you hop on the Milltek site they have a linkie for suppliers - you're looking at £750-900 supplied and fitted brand new.

I don't think you'll regret it but then I am biased :shrug: Mine was second hand and well broken in - when you give it some beans over 4k its fab- it still makes me :teeth: every time I'm out on track but I won't bang on about it again....just search the forum for 'Milltek' :lol:

Hi All,

My Z's exhaust has just started blowing, so it's time to get a new one. I've trawled through the forums and the web looking for alternatives, and it seems that all of the really interesting exhausts have to come from the U.S. which is a fairly risky proposition IMO.

Anyway, I've pretty much decided to go with a Milltek exhaust as it looks reasonably stock, but from reports is slightly louder at higher revs. What I would like to find out is whether anyone has good or bad experiences with them. Oh, and if anyone thinks I'm wasting money and should go for something else, then that would be helpful too! ;)

Finally, does anyone know of a reputable supplier and fitter in the Surrey area?

Thanks!

Kaz

yep i agree with Vik. The nismo's are prone to y-pipe failure also. The nismo y-pipe which i got required two new flexes and to be fitted to the car at a total cost of 160 quid.

The miltek is a great exhaust, i think a set of hfc's or decats would make it that little bit louder and more of a crowd pleaser

Thanks for the info everyone, much appreciated.

I think I'm sold on getting the Milltek, as subtle sounds good to me. Once I've had time to get used to it, I'll think about doing what Neilp said and maybe put on some Berk Tech HFCs.

Does that sounds like a reasonable approach or is there any benefit to getting both done at the same time?

Thanks for the info everyone, much appreciated.

I think I'm sold on getting the Milltek, as subtle sounds good to me. Once I've had time to get used to it, I'll think about doing what Neilp said and maybe put on some Berk Tech HFCs.

Does that sounds like a reasonable approach or is there any benefit to getting both done at the same time?

Only in terms of labour costs - I chickened out of the hi-flow cats at the same time as I was concerned about noise as the car's my daily driver.

If you were thinkning of getting it mapped then you want all your mods on before hand too :thumbs:

I'd get both at the same time imo. If the stock one is blowing, it'll take by far the most time in labour removing the existing one, adding cats at the same time doesn't take much time extra at all, may in fact make it easier to do as they can just remove it from in front of the cats rather than dealing with the very rusted bolts on the gasket at the other end of the cats.

HFC fitting depends on the current state of the cats - are the bolts rusted in? If not it's probably a 30-minute job to pull the standard cats out and put HFCs in. HFCs do make a difference to the sound, both in volume and tone: they're a little bit more aggressive and (according to my obviously very accurate iPhone) c.4db louder. Well worth doing - if only for tunnel fun!

Hi All,

Thanks!

Kaz

I have had a Miltek and a Nismo fitted to the 350Z I used to own , The miltek was a lot better made than the Nismo IMHO, the Nismo Y-piece broke but worked fine with the genuine Nissan item fitted instead..

Miltek

milltek002.jpg

Nismo

P1010006-1.jpg

An APS that I never got round to fit !!

APStruedualsystem004.jpg