radiator fan switch ?

buster

posting on behalf of my m8 ref his chille red 05 plated fairlady.

he s noticed sat in traffic the engine temp gauage reaches the top ie over heating.he noticed this twice now both times in traffic.hes had the fans tested and they spin when connected to a perm 12volt live feed.the question i ask is there a thermostat switch or does it get more technical ie ecu operated.i would like to help out if i can before he get disillusioned after 9 months of ownership and dressing the car in nismo bodykit and booking it into the stealers to atempt to sort it.

your input/help please any pics would also help :teeth:

Alright, They don't have a fan switch as far as I'm aware. It's all done on relays etc. PM Zmanalex he helped me out when mine were messing about :thumbs:. Can just be bad connections sumtimes. Hope this helps

you couldnt post a pic of were i am looking at for the relays :blush:

i sure i have to have a look before long.

The relays are in that little fuse box by the battery, the connections Alex told me to check are the ones on the actual motors them selves and if you follow the wires down about a foot there is another join on each of them. Failing that mine were really intermitent so I took both fans out and had the blades off of them and just filled the motors with electrical cleaning spray untill all the black crap stopped comming out. Now they seem to work fine :thumbs: