Nav TSB update anyone?

chippy

Im having the reported issue with my iPhone OS4 ipod function when connected to the connect premium. There's a thread on the US Forum where Nissan have issued a TSB fix.

Has anyone in the UK had this fix done or know where I can look for a UK copy of the TSB?

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Sorry Chippy - have just seen your posts on the The370.com. Previously I had searched under ipodTSB and that one posted is what I got back :shrug:

Can't find a UK version of the TSB you are looking for at the moment so I suggest a visit to the dealer is the answer or a query to to Nissan Customer Services. Seems like you will need the 3 discs to do an upgrade anyway and they are limited to Nissan garages I guess

I'll go try mine in a bit and see what the problem is. I've downloaded the letter on the thread and I'll forward it to WLMG and get them to do some digging. Usually the US sees these things first, so it may be a while before we see any SW update :surrender:

What are the issues you are having Chippy? I have a 3GS running iOS4 (maybe not the latest) and it plays music etc as it always has. Maybe I need a newer version of iOS4 to see the problems.

Anyway, I'll mail WLMG and see if they have heard anything about the TSB :thumbs: (likely they havent, but they are good at chasing NMGB!)

The iphone just acts weird...plays a track for a few seconds then skips to next or refuses to play at all. The track listings arent navigatable either.

I've resorted to using a 16gb USB stick for the time being which has been great and leave it plugged in all the time.

A fix would be great though. :thumbs:

G @ WLMG is going to chase up tomorrow when their head tech is back in. I suspect he will end up having to chase NMGB for the answer, in which case we may be a while :yawn:

What model iPhone are you running? I'm just updating my 3GS to iOS4.1 so will see if that breaks it :headhurt:

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delayed update chaps, I got the email back but it went to my spam :blush: Only noticed as G gave me a courtesy call...

Here's what his Master Tech said after chasing up with Nissan:

“Our vehicles are not compatible with iphone 4. Some do work, but are not consistent enough yet. The bulletin does not affect our UK cars. They are still testing new phones. Check out this link http://www.nissanusa.com/bluetooth.htmlâ€

Sorry to say, but its likely Apple have broken something, it wouldnt be the first time they changed something that then breaks the phone for "accessories" :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...