Burning smell at revs

mrt

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if it,s usual to get a slight burning smell when pushing the car at revs over 5k My car is a 2007 uk gt with just 8500 miles and i,ve had it for a month now. Goes like stink and no other problems apart from a slight clunk from the clutch pedal spring when depressing. Spoke to Nissan about this and they say not to worry... not a problem.

Thank

what you've described doesn't sound normal. I have no clunk with the clutch pedal (just the brakes but that a different issue altogether). When i first picked up my car back in Feb, I on a few occasions smelt a metallic burning smell when i accelerated but i now think that it was either cause the car had been sat around at the dealership for a while or it was just in my head.

I have detected the burning smell too. It is only when giving it a good spanking. I brought this up with the dealer and his chief spanner man said there is a gearbox rad/cooling mech of some kind - first I have heard of such a thing - and the smell would be from that.

Odd.

Still, warranty will be my safety net there. Will see what happens.

I have detected the burning smell too. It is only when giving it a good spanking. I brought this up with the dealer and his chief spanner man said there is a gearbox rad/cooling mech of some kind - first I have heard of such a thing - and the smell would be from that.

Odd.

Still, warranty will be my safety net there. Will see what happens.

+1

it disappeared after i had the clutch changed a few months later ;)

all the best guys

• 8 months later...

Hi Rob - just joined the forum so not sure if this is the correct way to reply to a post...

I have the same issue with my 08 350z - chatted with Wessex Garages this morning and they have never heard of this problem - out of interest did you manage to resolve this??

Thanks

Hi Rob - just joined the forum so not sure if this is the correct way to reply to a post...

I have the same issue with my 08 350z - chatted with Wessex Garages this morning and they have never heard of this problem - out of interest did you manage to resolve this??

Thanks

Wessex Garages in Bristol are you talking about?

Hi all

Can anyone tell me if it,s usual to get a slight burning smell when pushing the car at revs over 5k My car is a 2007 uk gt with just 8500 miles and i,ve had it for a month now. Goes like stink and no other problems apart from a slight clunk from the clutch pedal spring when depressing. Spoke to Nissan about this and they say not to worry... not a problem.

Thank

Hi mate,

Ive recently noticed a burning smell also when i give my car a thrash! Ive noticed that i may have a very small oil leak from my rocker cover (common fault on the Z i was told), nothing to bad. I think that it may be dripping onto my exhaust, therefore producing a burning smell. Only does it when im really giving it some!

I have an 08, although I never had the burning smell issue I did have a clunky gear box and some times struggled to select 6th.

Nissan themselves said it was just a characteristic of the car. It was another garage who knew the car well that said it wasn't right.

Went back to Nissan in Watford, and they changes the gearbox and clutch under warranty (1 month before it ran out)