I had an accident after the Chester meet.

xStric9x

You had a luck escape bud. Lucky the airbag didnt deploy as well. Hope you get this sorted and have the financial result you well deserve..

I hit a pheasant on the A34 doing slightly over the speed limit :blush: in my old ashtray GTE. Insurance wrote the car off.... :scare:

So much damage to the front end by a bloody bird.It was amazing to see the bird explode into a mass of feathers and the head stuck in the radiator being steamed.

Never found anything else, apart from blood and guts all over my newly aquired wreck... :rant:

I can vouch for the sulking and beer scenario! I was driving behind when it happened and saw everything. We were driving slow and sensibly and there was a police car in front of us. Its a pain in the backside and the attitude of the womans boyfriend was terrible after shed already admitted fault. However - having already looked up all the laws on keeping dogs under control and how to make a small claim I'm pretty confident of a positive outcome.

it will be interesting to see what your rights are in this situation, as a friend of mine had a similar situation where she was in a queue of traffic at lights. Cyclist is coming up on his push bike on the inside lane, but because there is no room he’s sort of having to cycle between cars and pavement while all the cars are waiting for the lights to change.

Anyway to cut a long story short he ends up losing his balance toppling into the back of my friends car, as he has his feet in those stirrups he falls right over putting a big dent and hideous scratch down her new car. Cyclist gets up she gets out he says sorry, lights are changing at this point he says he will pay for damages gives details they both go on their way and then a week later he says not his problem. There is nothing she can do, no way she can prove what happened damage wasn’t there before etc..

Hope you get this sorted out. I suspect that they don't have pet insurance which realy makes my blood boil, you shouldn't be allowed to keep a og (or in fact any animal) without it. Not only would it have covered the vet fees for their dog, but probably also 3rd party liability for damage caused by their dog. Many house contents policies would also have covered the damage caused by their dog, so definitely looks like the boyfriend was being a ****. The dog was off the leash and therefore legally not under control, so they have no defense regardless of any speed that you might or might not have been doing. Should be no problem in the small claims court, although I don't know how you go about handling witness statements. Perhaps point out to them that when you take them to court that the witnesses will be appearing in person and that their travel costs will be added to the judgement :) :).

10 years ago or so that happened to us from the dog owners perspective. Our dog was on the leash at the time, but when a dog on the other side of the road barked at him he took off at warp 10 ripping the lead from my wife's hand. When he he spen about 6 feet into the air and landed on the cars bonnet leaving alarge german shepherd sized dent. We quite happily paid for their repairs and got the money back from our pet insurers. Only shock was they recovered half the claim form our home contents insurers so we lost our no claims discount. At least our dog was OK apart from a bruised bum after a night at the vet being treated for shock.

I hit a dear at about 60ish was going 70 and then jumped on the breaks. I crapped myself. Blood and guts over the car dear went across the road. Bumper is wrecked and a dent in my bonnet. I saw it running across the road then I slowed down as it ran into the field and then it was like no il just go back. Animals are jobbys and are only good for eating. Tbh if I hit a dog I would have called the 5-0 just so you have backing for your story. You live and you learn and tbh it's not that expensive to fix. :snack::thumbs: