Just had windscreen repaired but can still see it

player2301

whilst adhering to the speed limit on the M6 last week B) a massive brick hit the windscreen causing a chip about 5 pence in size and like a bubble inside the glass..

I waited till today for them to fit me in and the chap was sound really nice bloke and done the best job he could !!

From looking at it from outside the car you cant see it but when you get in the car the inside glass has still got a starburst affect in it !!

Even though they have repaired it can i still phone up and get it replaced with my excess ? Im with AXA ? ?

Heres a few pics never got a before DOH !!!!1 :bangin:

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

My Mrs had this done on her old Mini and the guy that did it said it was a flawed technology and the crack would normally come back. I can't really see any improvement in yours at all tbh! She was told that if the screen cracked from the point that they used the gel and repaired it at then she wouldn't have to pay the excess. Not sure if AXA is the same.

Well, that'll have to be replaced. It's almost certainly within the swept area that the blades cover and the limit is 40mm, and that looks to be at least that. I'm with Axa and as with nearly all companies there's an excess to pay. Been a few years since I had a chip but the last one about 12 years ago (with Axa) cost me £50. I was driving for 20 years before I got my first windscreen chip and then I had 3 more within 18 months, it used to be free back then luckily.

Pete

I had a chipstone on my windscreen a month ago while going down M1. Autoglass did an excellent job replacing the whole windscreen. 1.4 hours later..bob is your uncle :teeth: I had something similar to yours repaired on my beamer couple of years ago by Autoglass Lincoln..was still visible after the repair exactly like yours :thumbdown: So i'm not sure if they will actually disappear despite a good repair. The chap at Autoglass tells me it's not the cosmetic improvement they are after but the whole idea is too prevent any spider web crack's from getting bigger.