Braking/stopping issue

madcat350

The other night I filled up at a petrol station. The exit from the station was quite a steep hill which entered onto a 50mph dual carriageway and when I tapped the brakes nothing happened and rolled straight onto the carriageway :scare:

Luckily for me it was about 11pm and there was no traffic, I dread to think what might have happened if this happened during rush hour.

No warning lights came on and when it happened, there was no movement in the brake pedal which was rock hard but there was heavy vibrations through it.

I have taken this to my local Nissan garage but they have found no problems with the Zed such as the brakes, ABS etc

Any ideas what this can be?

Cheers

Thats what I thought also but this has happened to me before under different circumstances.

It has happened twice before where my car has been parked at the station all day during work, I've jumped in and when approaching the exit of the car park it done the same thing.

was there not a massive diesel spillage the other day in the town centre? where abouts were you?

check your pads etc its easy to do and plenty of guides on here, i forgot to email you back the other day about the painter, got your message at work then totally forgot about it... will pm u in 2 mins

The heavy vibrations through the brake pedal sounds like the ABS was acting. Possibly some diesel spilt on the hill?

Possibly...it was wet and that may have been the case...its happened before in dry conditions doing under 10mph though, surely ABS wouldnt be kickin in then :wacko:

was there not a massive diesel spillage the other day in the town centre? where abouts were you?

check your pads etc its easy to do and plenty of guides on here, i forgot to email you back the other day about the painter, got your message at work then totally forgot about it... will pm u in 2 mins

Na mate I wasn't in town. Just a garage in the Clydebank area.

pads are brand new, discs are not in great condition but all were checked by Nissan and given the okay, all ABS sensors have been checked etc

If it happens again when I reckon it shouldn't be I'll just need to take it to Nissan again...and get charged for more diagnosis checks :lol: