Help on Cost please! Tires, brakes, etc

350matty

Hi just want an estimate on these parts for the Z. So i can start saving now! These questions all Z owner should know but i dont.

Just got my Z 3months ago and want may wallet to be prepared for the costs.

Tires (front and back)?

Brake Discs?

Brake Pads?

Front head lights (04 model)?

What type of oil?

Nismo Air Filter and what it does for the Z?

Servicing Prices and when to get it serviced?

Warrenty runs out next year so extended Warrenty?

And anything else that may come up?

Thankyou.

:thumbs:

Hi just want an estimate on these parts for the Z. So i can start saving now! These questions all Z owner should know but i dont.

Just got my Z 3months ago and want may wallet to be prepared for the costs.

Tires (front and back)? £500-£700 approx

Brake Discs? £260 for fronts bit less for rears

Brake Pads? £120 for EBC ones

Front head lights (04 model)? No idea!

What type of oil? 5w-30 Amsoil/Motul

Nismo Air Filter and what it does for the Z? £50 and not a lot

Servicing Prices and when to get it serviced? Around £200 a service every 9k miles

Warrenty runs out next year so extended Warrenty? £800 approx not sure though

And anything else that may come up?

Thankyou.

:thumbs:

Hope that helps!!!

When you need to replace the brake discs, shop around for aftermarket slotted ones. Look better and cheaper than OEM!

For oil, I would even go for a 5W40. I ordered the Motul 300V 5W40 ordered from opieoils.co.uk. Motul is slightly better than amsoil, but is more expensive.

You can sign up for an account to get special discounts, just have to mention your forum and user name.

I got EBC Yellow front brake pads for roughly 80 Pound delivered from brakes4u.co.uk. Discount available as well.

Front head light.... Why would you need to replace this? I can understand you might want to upgrade to '06 lights, although I wouldn't spend the money on it. 06 Rear LED lights are highly recommended though!

Instead of the Nismo air filter, get the K&N one. Cheaper and if it would make a difference, this one is better.

Regarding service prices, it seems to be worth it to shop around a little! To save money, don't let them do anything you can do yourself like replacing brake pads.

Ask the dealer about the extended warranty price. Don't know if it's possible to do it by an independent company in the UK?

My car is an import with the non Brembo brakes. The Nissan 200 pads fit and cost me £20 for the front.

The braking is still controlled progressive and sharp when needed. The only thing I have yet to test is consecutive high speed stops. Other than that highly recommended and CHEAP.

If the pads are the same so might the dics be. That being so I would check for after market 200sx parts as they will be bucket loads cheaper.

Just a suggestion.

Ming the thrifty

My car is an import with the non Brembo brakes. The Nissan 200 pads fit and cost me £20 for the front.

The braking is still controlled progressive and sharp when needed. The only thing I have yet to test is consecutive high speed stops. Other than that highly recommended and CHEAP.

If the pads are the same so might the dics be. That being so I would check for after market 200sx parts as they will be bucket loads cheaper.

Just a suggestion.

Ming the thrifty

And a bl**dy good suggestion at that. :thumbs:

Think I'll pursue that line of enquiry when it gets near the time for a service.

Jim the skint!

For oil, I would even go for a 5W40. I ordered the Motul 300V 5W40 ordered from opieoils.co.uk. Motul is slightly better than amsoil, but is more expensive.

Not according to independant tests, its the other way around, and Amsoil is cheaper. If you contact Amsoil they will let you have the results as they are available and published. Ask Motul too but they wont be able to assist you.

Might be worth considering a 5w-30, especially at this time of year and it will give you a little more power/ fuel economy as the pumping losses are reduced.

Just ask Admin and they will give you a discount code for Amsoil. :thumbs: