Audi TT enquiry

350 Russ

some of the more moronic on here will say both are hairdresser/girls cars but unless you've driven them they just don't know.

Iv'e driven both and yes they are lovely to drive, as is an MX5.... but if you over 6' tall or over 14 stone (I'm both) :headhurt:

:lol: yeah height can be an issue, weight not to bad, i'm 17 stone and never had an issue with the smaller cars. I only every had a minor struggle with the buckets on a lotus 7 :lol:

well its a golf....

but with a nice dress on.

Thats the perception, however:

They are lower, seats are lower and further back so they have lower centre of gravity and better balance than a golf.

They have a lot more power and the haldex does a very good job of getting it down.

They are higher spec than a golf.

As a result they are leagues better to drive than any Golf mk4 (the GTI is not worthy of the name)

Parts are very cheap because they share so much with golfs!

Its a great point and squirt car, not as much fun or as involving as a Z but still good fun and very comfortable.

before we bought the tt we looked at mr2's and s2000. s2000 is in a different league and is a far better car. the mr2 was in the same league but still a much better car. although probably even more hairdresser it was so light and agile that it felt much quicker and so much more fun to drive. (im on about the newest model the little one)

the mr2 mk3 roadster was a great car, i had one and loved it, was one of my favourite cars i've ever had. the steering and handling were great the only let down was the power and storage space. storage was more an issue for my wife, but i loved it.

and as for power that was easily remedied. you could turbo it for about 2-2.5k if you didn't mind doing the work yourself.

as for the S2k well thats what i moved to and i have to say, i'm loving it.

some of the more moronic on here will say both are hairdresser/girls cars but unless you've driven them they just don't know.

yes both are down on torque compared the the zed, but i'd say the s2k is more involving to drive than the zed. with the less weight in comparison it just feels alot more like a go kart.

each to their own people like what they like. i'd definitly say the s2k is worth a look. i saw a nice TT at the garage when i bought mine, and they do look nice in the interior.

I agree Rich. Anyone who thinks the S2k is a hairdresser's car clearly hasn't driven one, cause as you know they are if anything they are more involving and raw than the the Z.

coming off topic slightly but today i took delivery of a new shape TTS for a 4 day demonstration, 2.0 turbo 272 bhp quattro model, it looks really good, if only slightly less aggressive than the zed, but it drives well, i really quite like it. once the turbo comes in around 2.5k revs it gives a nice surge of power then falls away slightly at higher revs, but overall i think it is a pretty good car.

p.s. i know this is a little useless because the thread is about mk1 TT's, the only time i have been in one of them was in a 3.2 quattro as a passenger but i didnt think that was a such a bad motor either.

hairdresser? i agree to a certain extent but theres no denying they are a nice car, even though some of you guys seem to have had quite a few issues with them....