Question on JDM from the other forum...

steve_b

Try Churchill Insurance they insured mine on the Vin number as mine was not registered in the UK and I paid £477 wife is 33 and they gave me full no claims on a new policy (no history) they have a deal if you have one policy with them then they will match the details and give you the same discount. I asked if there was an issue with an import and they said it didn’t matter.

I got a good quote off Adrian Flux, admittedly on a UK car, but then tried to add Nikki and she'd had a bump in the last 12 months on the supe hence policy loaded !!!!!! I'll defo be going with the next time round then.

Not sure if anyone has renewed on the Owners Club yet but when I do I'm gonna be sure to ask with and without club discount !!!!!! 10% discount = £80 less £25 members fees = £55 profit !!!!! Shame is the more my policy comes down, the less I save ...... how's that for the application of female logic for you :yahoo::scare:

I know its sounds daft but the AA have a price promise on insurance could that be used here

Also one company one quote sounds a little unlike you, try Churchill you could save £60 thats a £5 profit more and all the £60 in your pocket. (brummy logic) B)

Been using Adrian Flux for a few years now on some quirky stuff like Lancia delta and imported Evo 6. They do price match too. I'm under written by Zenith at mo..... might be worth a go direct. Post office have been okay as well. Still guts me the way they can knock two hundred quid off a quote by talking to a 'supervisor' on the phone though.

Nah ..... I tried loads last time..... most didn't want to know based on the mods or were soooo unrealistic. I ended up going through Norwich Union after following the preferred supplier on the Supra site ...... which they incidentally went through a phase of slagging off mercilessly !!!!!!! Norwich union even insure my grounding kit ..... only because they couldn't understand what it was !!!

No one really matched AF's terms on mods so if they are half way decent I'm going with them !!!!!

Yes I now see your point on modified car need special insurance, but the point I make is mine is a standard Import with no modifications, so I have just tried Adrian Flux and for my circumstance they are £690 with £500 excess, where as ordinary Churchill is £477 with £500 excess. That’s £213 difference, all in my pocket, no club discount needed to work that one out.

So I think discount offers on Insurance should also have a warning that what is classed as discount value for one car could be an on cost for another, and as most members of all these clubs are driving un modified UK and Imported cars we need to point this out !