Front Bumper L.E.D lights

AlexZ

Ok people, I've been a little busy with work etc lately and haven't spent much time on the Z. I plan to put some L.E.D's on the front bumper reflectors. If everything goes to plan this should make the front a little more modern looking like the new vehicles knocking around. I've done a search and nothing came up searching for L.E.D....Has anyone does this? I have a plan in my mind just though if anyone has, they could offer info before I make it to complicated lol :teeth:

Thanks Alex

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you thinking something along the lines of

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-24-LED-24cm-s ... arParts_SM

They can be cut every 3 LED's and are fine externally...

Yeh was thinking something like that but better quality lol...There well cheap for what you get... :thumbs:

Hi Bounty, i think I see how there done, I was thinking similar in the means of covering the reflector aswell...Looks like theres holes in the reflector then the l.e.d lights but behind..?

I would really like to design something myself... :yahoo:

nothing came up in search as you need at least 4 letters to run a search :thumbs:

Husky is a big lover of LED's and has various lighting projects going on I think...

Ahh that answers that then lol..I didnt realise to be honest...I'll have another search later on.

I have a friend who works in the outdoor shop signage and graphics trade. He'll hook me up with l.e.d's and my brother rocks with electrics lol...I'll chat with Husky when I have a cunning plan and know what I want...I'm just a mass of ideas at the mo... :scare:

Thanks for the info upto now guys, keep it coming... ;)

Marzman did a lot of work on these but had trouble sourcing enough reflectors if I remember rightly

Either pm him or search his posts, he's on here so he will see your post im sure

I'm in two minds weather to touch the O.E reflectors or make something new to house the l.e.d's...I want them to be water proof/jet wash proof so I guess the l.e.d's will have to be sealed into something... :thumbs:

Alex

Marzman did a lot of work on these but had trouble sourcing enough reflectors if I remember rightly

Either pm him or search his posts, he's on here so he will see your post im sure

pretty sure this is right.

i bought the set he had done, havent taken any pic yet but can get some if you want some ideas. i am pretty impressed with them

pretty sure this is right.

i bought the set he had done, havent taken any pic yet but can get some if you want some ideas. i am pretty impressed with them

That would be great mate if possible...just post as may as possible lol.

Thanks

oem units are pretty easy to mount LED's into using a drill and waterproof with some glue/sealant, dont cost the earth and come in clear, orange and smoked orange so they are a pretty good option to mod. its a pretty simple bit of kit to mod together, its why i've never sold them tbh, i wouldn't be able to do them at any reasonable profit to make it worthwhile.

if you need a hand give me a shout but your mates will probably sort you with the bits you need :thumbs:

for making a custom shaped enclosure marzmans you man as hes done more with this one than me :thumbs:

oem units are pretty easy to mount LED's into using a drill and waterproof with some glue/sealant, dont cost the earth and come in clear, orange and smoked orange so they are a pretty good option to mod. its a pretty simple bit of kit to mod together, its why i've never sold them tbh, i wouldn't be able to do them at any reasonable profit to make it worthwhile.

if you need a hand give me a shout but your mates will probably sort you with the bits you need :thumbs:

for making a custom shaped enclosure marzmans you man as hes done more with this one than me :thumbs:

Thanks for the info Husky, my older brother is pritty trick with electrics and l.e.d's. One of my younger brothers works for a company were they do sheet fabrication with water jet cutters lol...guess its not what you know but who lol...

If I need any help though sounds like theres a few people to ask including yourself. Cheers dude.

Regards Alex

Hi Alex,

As others pointed out - yes i was doing these, briefly... matt bought the only official set. Glad they've arrived Matt. :thumbs:

Im not doing them anymore as Tarmac said, the reflectors are too hard to get hold of, and as the dawg says, you cant make any money off them really. :shrug:

Anyway, here's a couple of links for you...

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=33081&hilit=custom+reflectors

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=34635&hilit=custom+reflectors&start=0

Hi Alex,

As others pointed out - yes i was doing these, briefly... matt bought the only official set. Glad they've arrived Matt. :thumbs:

Im not doing them anymore as Tarmac said, the reflectors are too hard to get hold of, and as the dawg says, you cant make any money off them really. :shrug:

hey man, i meant to pm, pretty busy weekend for a change, got them fitted on saturday. the right one i a pain in the but with the washer bottle in the way, but got it sorted.

they are pretty cool and the pics in those threads will show more than the ones of them fitted.

Hi Alex,

Hi mate, thanks for the info and links...I'm still planning on how to approch it lol...Need to decide on the best l.e.d's first then work the reflector/holder round them... :thumbs:

Alex

masses of choice led wise but all essentially achieve the same thing, most go with the 5mm dome headed (bog standard) led in high brightness. you could go for square shaped ones, high intensity ones, surface mounted ones, pre made strips, super high intensity heat sink fixed ones. the list goes on.

personally i'd say some wide angle 5mm high brightness ones are best :thumbs: nice and simple.

masses of choice led wise but all essentially achieve the same thing, most go with the 5mm dome headed (bog standard) led in high brightness. you could go for square shaped ones, high intensity ones, surface mounted ones, pre made strips, super high intensity heat sink fixed ones. the list goes on.

personally i'd say some wide angle 5mm high brightness ones are best :thumbs: nice and simple.

Now then mate, I've been looking at these. My mate uses them weekly for shops etc etc. They take supply direct from 12v and are waterproof. In the 5 years he's used them they've never failed..He's getting me some samples to check out.

I can't provide a link due to restrictions at work, but...

Search for 'Zled's on myspace & youtube, he does these in various forms. Not cheap though, and located in the USA, but they look great. Wouldn't mind a set myself.