Help me please!!

sammy86

Hey Guys!!

Was driving to the shops today then the zed just cut out whilst in traffic (did'nt stall). As i turned her over it took a few seconds to turnover then my engine management light came on, and also my ESP OFF light is constantly on. I can drive the car fine except for the car taking a few seconds to start up and the two lights remaining on!!

Have any of you had this problem or any ideas what it could be?? Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks

Sam

The only issue with driving it at the moment would be the power cutting out ... which could be quite dangerous ..

Not sure on how big a job it is to fit the sensors but bare in mind that there is actually 2 Camshaft Position sensors so you might need to replace both ...

:thumbs:

mine did exactly samer last year, once I knew the code and pinpointed the issue to be the camshaft position sensor I was told by Nissan (and people who actually know about the car!) that it was ok to drive around town but best not on motoways. Got it sorted by Nissan in the end and it cost around £45 for the sensor, £100 for using the Consult code reading machine (!) and about 2-3 hours labour. in end they messed up (as per usual) so I got it done for £150 total - you might pay more than that though.

From what I gather the job to replace the sensor is not that big a deal but the fact there is a bank1 and a bank 2 sensor means you will need the consult machine or a code reader to find out which sensor needs replacing.

Heya Guys

Hooked up a diagnostic comp to the zed and you guys were bang on the money!! For the Engine test it came up with code P0340 which says it is the camshaft position Sensor A Circuit Bank 1 or single sensor, and for the ABS test it came up with code C1130 Engine signal 1?? any ideas what this is please??

Thanks

Sam

Heya Guys

Hooked up a diagnostic comp to the zed and you guys were bang on the money!! For the Engine test it came up with code P0340 which says it is the camshaft position Sensor A Circuit Bank 1 or single sensor, and for the ABS test it came up with code C1130 Engine signal 1?? any ideas what this is please??

Thanks

Sam

Hi Sam, you may find the ABS light comes on because the engine light is on. A lot of vehicles do this now. I think once the camshaft sensor is repalced the lights will all go out with the computer plugged in.

Alex