K&N Highflow air filter

Dicky

Fitted one last Saturday and eee by gum what a difference. The car seems far more responsive and eager. The mid range pulling power also seems to have improved. Got no data to prove anything but even if it’s not real and I’m just imagining it all it was well worth the £40 paid for it. My mate has a BMW 330 diesel and he put one in last week and he cant believe the difference either. For those who haven’t done it I can recommend it. :yahoo:

Is it one of these ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-350Z-350-Z ... arParts_SM

Any difference in sound ??? I take it you changed it yourself and it was easy enough ??

yes, it is. and nice price.

I do not think any difference in sounds

so easy to change it, although i paid garage man to do this. Just open air box, remove the old one, put it on then close it. thats all

Is it one of these ???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-350Z-350-Z ... arParts_SM

Any difference in sound ??? I take it you changed it yourself and it was easy enough ??

There's no difference in sound with it - is just panel filter - I ran it for six months and 9k miles - just swapped to the HKS one as was too lazy to clean the K&N...and I fancied trying another one as well :shrug:

Dead easy to install...though I've never had to do it myself - I have Mr T on speed dial :lol:

If the filter you removed was dirty then you'd probably feel the difference.

Apart from that I'd imagine it'd be 'seat of the pants' dyno making it feel better. You'll notice it until the ECU learns it! ;)

No noise difference on mine either and the original filter was clean also. But I still can’t get over the difference. At first the car just seemed to feel a little bit more responsive but on the last two week ends (don’t use the car every day) I’ve driven to my mates place about 20 mls away, all motorway and have given it a go each time. The mid range power seems to be a lot better in that car just seems to want to keep on pulling. The only time I’ve noticed such a big improvement was when I first fitted the engine earthing kit I made. :teeth::teeth:

thought you had ditched it Dave.

Run K&N panel filter in mine. Loads better than stock panel filter

I did for the photoshoot last year and noticed the difference in power and response when i drove it to Derby. Fitted the pop charger just prior to Wales because i missed the noise, but to be honest i think i would now prefer the power and response difference the standard airbox makes over the pop chargers noise. :blush:

Tempted to sell it and get a K&N now and put the standard airbox back on now. :)

Sorry for the newbie/sily question...but if I was to get this for my MY07 313....I take it I'd have to get two right?

Yes. :thumbs:

But make sure the one above is for HR engines as well it may well be different. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I know what you mean, I "need" black alloys, a new exhaust system, a fancy schmancy double din head unit. Better try antihistamine or calamine lotion to cure the itch, a lot cheaper :p

It won't work - see my sig. :lol::lol:

Can recommend Blueflame, Rota Torque Drifts and Alpine. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
Fitted a pair of K&N panel filters today to my 08 350ZGT, car seems slightly more responsive, but not significantly so. The car seems to feel "wrong" somehow, can't quite put my finger on it. Does the ECU take a while to adapt/adjust to the increase air flow rates ?

Approx 50-60 miles for the ecu to adapt. But i would be doing a ecu reset after fitting. ;)