Cheers Mitz & Andy!

terribleone

Just a quick post to say cheers to the guys at CS. :)

Mitz and Andy took the time on Saturday to have a listen to my Z as my paranoia about the faint knocking sound I have been hearing was driving me nuts!! :lol:

Andy took me out for a quick spin, and had a good listen from inside the car and underneath on the 4-poster.

It turns out the sound is coming from the bell housing as I thought, and bears all the characteristics of flywheel clatter (once I could get it to make the sound!!).

From test driving Andy said the clutch feels really good compared to some Zeds he's driven and that the clattering sound is so slight that he'd not worry about changing the fly yet as it has plenty of life still in it. Good to hear, and certainly put my mind at rest!! :D

Big thanks to the guys for taking the time out to help a fellow Zedder!! :thumbs: Unfortunately I now have to put the car up for sale, so I'll be getting some nice pics in the next few days and popping an ad up...sad times!! :byebye:

Hmmmm are you sure? if the clutch is strong, sounds like the duel mass flywheel has lost tension and is on its way out. Personally I wouldnt like to boot it with a dodgy fly. Something that is spinning at 5k RPM which isnt optimal

If i was you i'd be replacing that with a single mass unit and a new clutch

Hmmmm are you sure? if the clutch is strong, sounds like the duel mass flywheel has lost tension and is on its way out. Personally I wouldnt like to boot it with a dodgy fly. Something that is spinning at 5k RPM which isnt optimal

If i was you i'd be replacing that with a single mass unit and a new clutch

That was what I was planning on...but the noise is so slight that it didn't give them cause for immediate concern.

I've got two options really, advertise it anyway and be honest about the noise...or get it fixed and advertise it for more £££.

Either way, I don't think CS would talk themselves out of work unless there really wasn't an immediate problem.