Thoughts about LMGT4 gloss black...

Jesters Tear

Chaps

We have yet to take delivery of our Temper orange Z which is currently fitted with 19" gloss black Nismo LMGT4s. I have arranged with the dealer to refurbish the wheels before delivery, the front nearside has minor kerbing damage and really, I want them all to match...plus the dealer has agreed to fit two new tyres to the rear, so whilst tyres were off, it made sense to have 'em refurbed before collection rather than in my own time. They haven't started the process yet.

Question is, do these wheels as a set of four have some value in them? The front two tyres are pretty new it seems, the rear two have 3mm left, so not much but enough...I am tempted to replace all four wheels and tyres with 19" Linea Corse L2S which I really like the look of, and then sell the LMGT4s to clawback the outlay...question is (looking at other posts silver ones tend to move quick), do you guys reckon I would be stuck with these or are they easy to sell? At the moment, I don't have enough posts on the forum to place an ad here, so this is hypothetical - are they worth £1,600 for example?

Would appreciate thoughts and opinions...if you guys say no, you'll be stuck with them, I'll go the refurb route. If there's a real possibility of them being desirable and easy to sell, I might go for the L2S.

Thanks in advance.

JT

It is that car but there are no stripes - I didn't know it had stripes...wonder what else I don't know about it :(

Ooooh that's interesting news...is this car known to the forum in any way good or bad?

Cheers...

Is it for sale at Ancaster in Croydon?

No, Marshalls in Bury St Edmunds....it's been lying about somewhere since the V5 was signed at the end of January though...

Do you know it Ian?

Ivan, I’m sure your Zed used to belong to the Marshalls Cambridge Dealer Principal, I’m sure his name was Davros/Dave… :)

Spot on, Mitz. That was Davros's car. He wasn't a member here so nothing interesting to search for. I don't recall anything bad about it apart from the stripes but it has been up for sale a long time.

Personally I wouldn't swap lightweight forged Nismos for Rotas but its your car. :thumbs:

Personally I wouldn't swap lightweight forged Nismos for Rotas but its your car. :thumbs:

I wouldn't swap LMGT's for Rota's either but having said that I sold my LMGT's recently and currently have my 2nd set of rims on the Zed at the moment - which happen to be Rota Drifts with R888's and believe it or not the 18inch Rotas (with new R888's on) weight less than the 19inch LMGT's (with part worn Goodyear Eagles). 23kgs for the LMGTs vs 22kgs for the Rotas (inc tyres).

While the LMGT's are the dogs danglies there is no performance benefit with running them over the Rotas and the Rotas are easily and cheaply replaced if damaged.

I wouldn't swap LMGT's for Rota's either but having said that I sold my LMGT's recently and currently have my 2nd set of rims on the Zed at the moment - which happen to be Rota Drifts with R888's and believe it or not the 18inch Rotas (with new R888's on) weight less than the 19inch LMGT's (with part worn Goodyear Eagles). 23kgs for the LMGTs vs 22kgs for the Rotas (inc tyres).

While the LMGT's are the dogs danglies there is no performance benefit with running them over the Rotas and the Rotas are easily and cheaply replaced if damaged.

...but that's because you've dropped a size. :wacko:

Needless to say thats true - I'm comparing 19 inch LMGT's with 18 inch Rotas but I am also including the heavier tyres on the 18's - diameter stays the same. I'm not trying to fight the Rotas corner (the LMGTs are the superior rim) - I've had both LMGTs and Rotas - my point was there isn't the difference that many people seem to think there is.

Needless to say thats true - I'm comparing 19 inch LMGT's with 18 inch Rotas but I am also including the heavier tyres on the 18's - diameter stays the same. I'm not trying to fight the Rotas corner (the LMGTs are the superior rim) - I've had both LMGTs and Rotas - my point was there isn't the difference that many people seem to think there is.

Surely R888's would be light though, they come with 5mm trade as standard compared to a normal set of tyres with 8mm. Thats 3mm more rubber all the way round...

OP - id keep the LMGT4's and just get them refurb'd gloss black and do the door handles while your at it :thumbs:

Surely R888's would be light though, they come with 5mm trade as standard compared to a normal set of tyres with 8mm. Thats 3mm more rubber all the way round...

The F1 Eagles were part worn and had a 35 profile while the R888's were brand new with a 40 profile - I suspect the R888's were quite a bit heavier.

OP - Def stick with the LMGT's if you can - the only reason I'd have Rotas in their place is that the Rotas are cheaper to replace. The LMGT's are a cult wheel that'll hold their value if looked after and will add to the value of your Zed - most other aftermarket rims will detract from the resale value.

Thanks again all, sound advice...LMs are on their way to be being refurbed today.

I aim to collect on Friday and detail her over the weekend, then I'll upload some pictures. She needs a thorough detail - it's all a bit grubby frankly.

To me though, the car looks honest. No evidence of accident damage or serious issues - just surprised Marshalls had it hanging around so long without a sale. Ah well. Best not worry...perhaps it's the colour LOL!

Best

JT