Brake woes

soimafreak

Hello,

I've just had my first p3 service (at 40k miles, the previous owner didn't bother)

Service was fine, the list of "issues" was not so fine. I've been told I have a leaky off side front calliper, which Nissan can fix for £1500 which to me sounds a little excessive. Has anyone else come across this before?

To add insult to injury I've been told I need new discs and pads all round too, the pads are definitely worn, but the discs seem fine, although I have never seen a new set to know any better.

I'm guessing that with the calliper it's get a second hand one, the pads and disks all around is another £1500 which again seems excessive but not sure.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Pm Zmanalex he will sort you out for a fraction of that price quoted.

Pads/disks you should be able to change yourself? Calipers will need to be bled once changed to evac all the air from the breaking system, again 2 man job which you can do yourself.

Ebay for disks if zman cant help?

let me know what you're getting mate.

get a repair kit for the caliper and repair it mate and then measure the discs thickness post it here and take some photos of the discs and post them here to, the repair bills are jokers so treat them like that. Depending on how you drive you need different set of pads, discs , fluid, lines etc.... think there was a front set of calipers going for 200£ not sure if they sold.

:thumbs: