Your opinions needed

MadGrip

I've been looking for a while for a 350z and although I'm in no hurry to get one, I've found THIS

I dont know much about these cars but it seems a decent example at a good price.

can I have your opinions/feedback please wether you think this is a good buy or not

Many thanks

Phil

Just had another look at the photos , got Nismo wheels as well ..probably a good price :thumbs:

Are you sure they are Nismo rims?

Its got bloody loads of stickers on it :scare:

Looks like a leather retrim as well, stitching is blue to match the car :wacko:

Loving the beer glass keyring aswell :surrender:

Just had another look at the photos , got Nismo wheels as well ..probably a good price :thumbs:

Dunno abouit the rims now?? look OK though, like the blue detailing on the leather :thumbs:

Dunno abouit the rims now?? look OK though, like the blue detailing on the leather :thumbs:

Looks like an aftermarket sat nav thingy as well. One of those that fold out........

I would recommend to look at 2004+ 350Z as it's less likely to get problems!

I know people on this forum run a 2003 with no problems, but still a lot of 2003 models have some problems. Normally these would be repaired during warranty, but the 3 year warranty period has probably passed already...

Thanks for the comments so far. I wasnt sure about the stitching either, but to be honest I dont mind it.

Not sure which model it is, but definately not the GT , think I'll give the guy a ring and go take a look.

Mathys, what sort of problems do you think I could encounter with a car over 3 years old ? I appreciate all the usual wear & tear items, but surely previous owners would have had warranty work done, afer all, its free.

really appreciate all the input guys,

thanks again

Phil

Guest prescience

This car is an import is it not so why would it'd have the warranty items fixed. I mean it appears to have a personalised number plate, suggesting it has been here in the Uk some time and if so, why would it be being sold through an importers - it may be OK and the price looks OK if about £1000 too high

No way those are NISMO wheels either :scare:

And on my monitor at least, the front bumper and bonnet paint are a poor match

This one on the same website has less miles (kms) and is £1000 cheaper and IMO looks a better bet w/out the spoiler and wheels etc

http://www.jcimports.co.uk/SportsDetail.cfm?recordID=94

but it says 'Leather No' but looks precisely the same inside as the other :dry: w/red stitching

I have alarm bells ringing with this company now - I'll drop baptist a PM, he leaves farily close and imported his first car, may he knows them

I know i said it before and people argued, but a UK car is dropping quick in money. At moment there is a Base model 04 listed on Autotrader for £16995, UK car, chilli red, still has Nissan warranty etc etc.

Now imo if its listed at £16995, £16500 will buy it if you land at door with cash. Now each to their own, and i've looked at a stack of imports while looking for a Z, but to me a UK car is making more and more sense.

Good luck with hunt

Aaron

EDIt:- Obviously i'd recommend all checks etc that you would do with any second hand car from a private dealer, but i only used that car to illustrate point. There are loads more springing up around that money, 2 orange ones GTpack/03/ and they are listed at approx 17500.

ive seen this car on sale for a long time , i remember the "jon" registration plate , i think it was on sale privately in autotrader about 6 months ago, hence i dont think its a fresh import, i think it has had one owner already in the uk-that may be a good thing though as they would have ironed out all the creases,

The bumper doesnt match the body colour wise , and it would look even worse in real life IMO,

I think there are plenty of better examples at the same price range, i personally would not feel comfortable buying a molested z from the other side of the world

but this is just my opinion

Sorry, both my cars were brand new UK models.

Never heard of that company either. To be honest, I personally wouldnt got near a Jap import of any car, been there, and swore I wouldnt do it again.

Not much help really!

Your driving a Jap import now... there not made in Coventry you know :p

I just couldnt be bothered with the quirks that come with owning one, i.e. insurance loading, lack of history, etc etc.

I wanted a new motor, had the money so bought a UK car.

Not saying that imports are bad particularly, but I had one years ago, and swore I wouldnt do it again, took ages to sell.

UK cars are now coming in at good prices, be a wiser choice IMO.

But each to their own!;)

thanks guys, really appreciate the speedy input.

I'm in no rush for a new car at the moment, but after selling the EVO I'm getting a bit impatient of getting behind the wheel of something special again

I'm gonna keep a close eye on the boards as I've got my choice down to the last few, the 350z being one of them

any more info is thankfully recieved

thanks again

Phil

thanks guys, really appreciate the speedy input.

I'm in no rush for a new car at the moment, but after selling the EVO I'm getting a bit impatient of getting behind the wheel of something special again

I'm gonna keep a close eye on the boards as I've got my choice down to the last few, the 350z being one of them

any more info is thankfully recieved

thanks again

Phil

What other cars are you considering?

sorry for the late reply, work is in the way at the moment.

anyway.. I'm down to the last few, which include

350z

Sti Impreza

EVO

Tuscan 6 speed

exige

I've had an Impreza in the past, and recently sold my 360 bhp EVO, I'm slightly worried about the reliability of the TVR & lotus, so that just leaves the 350z

I'm looking at spending about 18k at the moment, but that could rise depending on contracts, if it rises enough, then add to the selection a noble M12

hopefully, with cash I'm hopeing to get a decent deal, but with winter looming, do I really want to spend all that hard earned on a nice car ,when I can use my works van for free

bit of a dilemma really. I'm going to speak to JCImports this week and go have a look at what he's got as he dosnt seem to update his site very regularly.

The other thing was insurance. I got quoted just under £600 for a UK zed, but about £1k for a jap one ..

cheers

Phil

Its a base model that has been done up. Its probably a T version or something not a ST (equivilant UK GT) because the seats have been re-trimmed in leather which implies they were originally cloth; no bose sounds; no heated seats switches in centre section. The steering wheel controls are not there but that doesnt really tell you much as Japanese market had this as an option, so there are all combinations of certain buttons on the steering wheel. Its overpriced for a 2003 non ST model IMO.

Goodluck.