Nismo Flexi

cookiemonster

Need to replace the flexi on the Nismo Exhaust and although ive found where to purchase them from, does anyone know the bore size and length i would need? i cant get the car on a ramp until Monday to find out and need to get the car MOT done! :thumbdown:

Any help would be appreciated!

Dan

Ok ive seen on another site that the Nismo Y pipe is 2.5 inch in and 3 inch out, does that sound right? if so im guessing 2.5 inch would work out to roughly 63mm. The website shows the three sizes so im going with the middle one as from memory that seems the most likely. If anyone has any better idea let me know :thumbs:

only heard of one instance of it going before and that was due to it the y pipe not correctly fitted. May be worth checking

Mine went due to scraping on speed bumps, cost me nearly as much as a new Y pipe to get repaired though :surrender:

Yea the flexi has perished due to both those reasons, i have decats which means they dont have the bar going across for support like the standard cats and that has meant extra stress on the flexi. Ive also caught them twice and you can see it has made a dent. The cost of repair is simply the flexis which have worked out at £55 and labour, which will be nothing for me as my mate at the garage can do it for free, cheaper than a new y pipe at £200+

• 7 months later...

just wanted to bring this post up again, i bought the car off cookiemonster the other day, i asked him to fit the decats for me and the flexi's are dead again, he mentioned above that this is due to the decats not having support? is there anything i can do to make sure this doesnt happen again once i replace? (but still keep the decats)

Cheers

JM

just wanted to bring this post up again, i bought the car off cookiemonster the other day, i asked him to fit the decats for me and the flexi's are dead again, he mentioned above that this is due to the decats not having support? is there anything i can do to make sure this doesnt happen again once i replace? (but still keep the decats)

Cheers

JM

I'd suggest getting some decats that have the brackets on them (such as Berks) for securing them to the oem support. Alternatively you could get some brackets made up and welded on to your current decats.

Buy a decent Y-pipe :p

Common fault with the Nismo pipe. I run decats for 4 years with my Ichiba y-pipe & never had any problems with the flexi

sounds like a plan! wheres the best place to get an ichiba y pipe?

Cheers forthe advice guys :thumbs:

JM