Whining noise

spursmaddave

I have noticed a slight whining noise on my Pioneer which im sure wasn't there before :shrug:

It follows the acceleration of the car if that makes sense. I checked the earth on my unit and both the RCA boosters and they all seem fine, anyone got any advice?

TBH its not really an issue unless I turn the unit right down, which doesn't happen too often, but I would like to get it sorted out.

I have the same noise on my setup. Small computer in rear cubby feeding the tape input on the Bose.

It's alternator electrical noise which is getting in on either the +12V supply line, the earths or both.

It a is very low volume, and I'm not sure whether to bother to investigate or not.

S.

Cheers guys, I ran an earth to a bolt just underneath the centre console as when I first installed the Pioneer it would not fire up and I read on here that it needed to be earthed. After I installed the unit and found it was VERY quiet I got 2 RCA boosters, well I got one for the front then realised I need 2 to get the balance right. I earthed both to the same point on the chassis.

TBH I dont want to go digging around back in there as I got seriously :rant: when I installed it all, I was just wondering if I could quickly insulate any certain wires etc?

Anyway thanks for all the help, I may be changing the front and rear speakers so if I do I will get a pro to do it and rewire, and also sort this issue out at the same time :thumbs:

Theres a problem with some Pioneer HU's where the RCA lead output units on the headunit need grounding, or something like that, there is a few threads on talk audio about it.

I wouldnt even know where to start with that one :headhurt:

Could this be causing the problem, it seemed the logical place to earth everything...

IMG_0274.jpg

• 1 month later...

Dave, I also have the whine, and I have traced it to it's cause.

Seeing that we both have the same setup, I thought I would share my findings.

Went to an audio installer and questioned the fitter about it and he said it's prolly a bad earth or insufficient earth.

Then I told him about me using inline boosters and he said that that might be the cause, so I went home and disconnected the RCA's from the line boosters and connected them direct, sure I lost some volume, now having to turn up to 40-ish, but the whine has gone.

So when I get a chance, I'll accuire some ground loop isolators and add them to the grounding cables on the line boosters and see if it helps.

Will keep you posted once I get around to it.

Dave, I also have the whine, and I have traced it to it's cause.

Seeing that we both have the same setup, I thought I would share my findings.

Went to an audio installer and questioned the fitter about it and he said it's prolly a bad earth or insufficient earth.

Then I told him about me using inline boosters and he said that that might be the cause, so I went home and disconnected the RCA's from the line boosters and connected them direct, sure I lost some volume, now having to turn up to 40-ish, but the whine has gone.

So when I get a chance, I'll accuire some ground loop isolators and add them to the grounding cables on the line boosters and see if it helps.

Will keep you posted once I get around to it.

Cheers BM, yeah I got the same thing done, I bought some nice speakers of a member on here and went to an I.C.E. place and got it all sorted, they fitted a JL amp to get the best out of the speakers and no whine at all now :yahoo:

I guess the boosters booster the whine too? :shrug:

I guess so.

Perhaps I too shall replace the speakers and add some decent amps at one point and rip out all the Bose stuff altogether.

Makes me do wonder why I got the GT Pack tho...

Rays = replaced with Volks

Bose = replaced with F900BT

Only thing I still retain are the heated seats and cruise control, lol

I guess so.

Perhaps I too shall replace the speakers and add some decent amps at one point and rip out all the Bose stuff altogether.

Makes me do wonder why I got the GT Pack tho...

Rays = replaced with Volks

Bose = replaced with F900BT

Only thing I still retain are the heated seats and cruise control, lol

i went gt just for the cruise so i doubt your the only one .