HELP-CORROSION ON WHEELS WITH KERB DAMAGE!!!!

get12

Hi,

As you know, Nissan are exchanging corrosion damaged Rays, however I am being told by dealer that they will not replace kerb damaged wheels! I have no reason to doubt the dealer (Marshalls) as they are good, but has anyone had dealings with Nissan UK customer services, who did do a replacement on corrosion damaged AND kerbed rays so that I can prove that there is a precedent, or maybe you know of a someone or a dealer that has had them replaced with kerb damage?

Regards

G :boxing:

get it refurbed on the kerbed part, leave the corrosion @ get them done under warranty?

I had considered it but looking for a precedent first of all to hit Nissan CS with first. I am also concerned that as one of the wheels is badly kerb damaged (flattened the lip considerably), even if it was repaired there will still be a flat spot showing - also if I am doing that then I might as well get the whole wheel stripped and re-coated no!?

G

It was stated on here by a member that Nissan were no longer replacing Rays under warranty but just re-furbing them now

Yeah that was me I think. The garage sends the pics off to Nissan, Nissan authorise and send another refurbed wheel out from someone els who has had the same problem (8 week lead time). My garage is saying that as someone else will ultimately be getting my wheels as refurbs Nissan can not be expected to repair kerb damage as well as corrosion.

Let me know how you get on get12? I've got exactly the same, kerbed by previous oowner (not badly) but definitely corroding.... :blush:

Just spoken to Nissan customer services - prognosis not good! Without speaking to Nissan's warranty department for a definite answer, CS was telling me that if the garage was telling me that kerbed corrosion damaged wheels are not being repaired then it is likely that they have had past experience of the warranty department refusing to replace kerbed wheels. Knowing that my garage is already dealing with 3 claims for corroded wheels then I suspect that what they are telling me is correct. I will just have to make do with the rear near-side being replaced!

G

Its a shocking attitude from CS. If the corrosion is from the curbing I agree you should not be replaced but if the spokes are corroding and the lips is curbed it should make no difference as it would not affect the spokes

Which is exactly my position. Watchdog?! ;):D

Its a shocking attitude from CS. If the corrosion is from the curbing I agree you should not be replaced but if the spokes are corroding and the lips is curbed it should make no difference as it would not affect the spokes

Which is exactly my position. Watchdog?! ;):D

....perhaps it's time for me to call Consumer Direct next week...... :boxing:

Just got an email back from Consumer Direct:

Many thanks for your recent e-mail concerning your Nissan vehicle. I certainly understand your frustration.

With regards to your warranty, you would be legally bound by whatever Terms & Conditions are stipulated, therefore I would initially advise you to read through the terms & Conditions which you have agreed.

Moving on very slightly, you would have statutory rights as a consumer with whomever you pay your money to. All goods sold must comply with the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended). This states all goods must be fit for purpose, and also satisfactory quality. Under this heading fall the sub-headings of reasonable durability and freedom from defects. Goods must also be As Described, which is also stipulated in the Sale of Goods Act 1979.

From the information you have supplied it would appear that your goods may breach the above act, and if so then you are indeed entitled to redress. The remedies which are available to you include a repair, or a like-for-like replacement, and this would be whichever is more economical for the trader to provide. If the repair would mean that you would receive betterment, then it may be considered reasonable that you pay a proportion of the repair cost.

So, what I take away from this is that Nissan should offer to share repair costs, which I would be happy with - as long as it is not over £50-£60 per wheel as that is the price I can get it done for from ChipsAway etc!!!

Anyway - I have spoken to Marshalls and they are going to put forward my claim again to the Nissan warranty department - I should know on Tuesday next week where this is going. I suggest that everybody else that have the same problems as me start making enquiries - strength in numbers:)

Graham