Advice / experience please - I crashed my Z

astonal

thats the one, next street along from air street as you walk away from Picadilly.. You need to be there bang on 10:15 or you have no chance of getting in. I tried getting in at midnight the other Friday and I had girls with me which you would think would mean no problem at all for most clubs.. but could I get in? nope. The place gets DAM busy, its badly laid out inside, its bloody expensive, its hot, but there are good things to be found in there....

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPdate:

So, it turns out that it is possible to bend/deform a bearings carrier after all.... The flat "machine" plained parts of the carrier were out of shape as a result of the accident (it "rocked" when put on the floor) so it has now been replaced. Its still not pefectly alligned yet though AND when put under load the differential at the rear is making an odd sound (gulp) so more work needs to be done.... Probable subframe replacement also pending if the large upper wish bone is not stretched.

Insurance are now informed and all replaced parts have been kept for inspection if need be. I expect not to have the vehicle for another fortnight. And as for taking the traction control off in damp conditions... no comment

UPdate:

So, it turns out that it is possible to bend/deform a bearings carrier after all.... The flat "machine" plained parts of the carrier were out of shape as a result of the accident (it "rocked" when put on the floor) so it has now been replaced. Its still not pefectly alligned yet though AND when put under load the differential at the rear is making an odd sound (gulp) so more work needs to be done.... Probable subframe replacement also pending if the large upper wish bone is not stretched.

Insurance are now informed and all replaced parts have been kept for inspection if need be. I expect not to have the vehicle for another fortnight. And as for taking the traction control off in damp conditions... no comment

Dunno what most of that means, but sounds expensive! Hope you get it sorted!

SimonD - For the very last time I was taking the p1ss out of myself, not rubbing a girl in anyones face... This is a lads 350z website isnt it? You know, fast cars, women, that sort of thing.. oh well, maybe not. As I said before, by idicating what I was with makes the whole thing more crushingly embarrissing for me and therefore much more amusing as a tale (well, just "being on a date" doesnt really make me laugh anyway). But hey ho I dont know why Im trying to explain coz your pretty much STILL calling me a bigging up w@nker, so in that case, I hope the below links p1ss you right off. I will leave the reasons as to why to you. Bon Chance with your own!

http://www.icmmodels.com/details.asp?mo ... =&letter=K

http://www.icmmodels.com/details.asp?mo ... =&letter=L

http://www.redmodelling.com/detail.php? ... ype=female

So enough about how your car got on, how did you get on after the date? :blush:

Do you really charm them in a club or are you a photographer by trade?

Hiya, well, it had a happy ending shall we say.. And get this, she said "I wish we could go back to that moment" so I said "what, the car spinning bit?" and she said, "no, the crashing bit...it was exciting". Crikey. B)

Not a photographer, Im in the male heavy industry that is IT Sales, of all things!

Hiya, well, it had a happy ending shall we say.. And get this, she said "I wish we could go back to that moment" so I said "what, the car spinning bit?" and she said, "no, the crashing bit...it was exciting". Crikey. B)

Not a photographer, Im in the male heavy industry that is IT Sales, of all things!

Just hung like a donkey then?

Quick Update

I have my Zed back, took it for an hours spin to "feel" any differences and couldnt notice anything. Its great to have her back! :teeth: Transpires the upper wishbone was slightly crooked but now the car is well within spec on wheel allignment.

All good! I think I might put some cellotape over the traction control switch until May...;)

Quick Update

I have my Zed back, took it for an hours spin to "feel" any differences and couldnt notice anything. Its great to have her back! :teeth: Transpires the upper wishbone was slightly crooked but now the car is well within spec on wheel allignment.

All good! I think I might put some cellotape over the traction control switch until May...;)

Nicely! :thumbs:

Quick Update

new tyres may help as well :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
...and some driving ability... mixed in with a portion of self control :p

Good to see your back on the road, and nice of you to not blame it on "external" factors e.g. tyres etc etc. Takes some courage to admit this for yourself :thumbs:

I always find it "funny" when people blame their tyres when they crash or spin the car. You have to adapt to the limits of the vehicle, whatever those are, or are you gonna blame your car when you miss a corner coz you tried to take it at the same speed a Lotus Elise can, to find out the Z cant do it at the same speed?

Part of the skill of driving is knowing the limits of the vehicle, and learning to live with them, no matter what those are.