Turbo XS Utec?

Tricky-Ricky

Anybody had any dealings with these people? i emailed them a week or so ago, asking if the Utec piggyback would be compatible with the JDM Skyline 350GT with the DE engine, and got the reply "what year"

And so i replied "Sorry! should have said, its a March 2004 six speed manual so the DE motor, is the UTEC capable of overcoming

the std ECUs closed loop maps, without them fighting each other like some piggybacks? and can it except a wideband input?"

But didn't receive a reply until i resent the email to the original enquiry address, and then got this,

"The UTEC drives the Coils and the Injectors so the factory ecu cannot adjust them."

And so i replied with, So does that mean it is compatible with the JDM Nissan Skyline 350GT, which was my original question?

And received the reply "yes"

Now is it me or are these guys not very helpful or forthcoming with any really relevant information? all i can say is its not the kind of reply i would hope for when enquiring about a product with a view to purchase :thumbdown: if there product is as good as their information, then i I'm not impressed :surrender:

There hasn't been a creat amount of success with UTECs recently in the UK. Although I think that was mostly down to the tuner. Both Ian and Nurrish had them.

I personally don't know enough about them to offer any valuable input but over the years they have been discussed on here.

I think the biggest problem about the UTEC in the UK is finding someone who tunes it. From what I remember from a past member in a similar situation that it was only Thor . Search on Thor and you'll see why its not a good option

The most helpful (knowledgable) person I found with my UTEC was Shariff @ Forged Performance :)

I've still got mine sat in a cupboard gathering dust. I need to get around to testing it one day to make sure it definatley is faulty :snack:

TurboXS make theyre own wideband controller which is used in conjunction with the UTEC but I was using the AEM w/b gauge with mine :)

As above though, very few tuners in the UK for it. Thor can do it, RJN can do it & so can WGT. For the cost of the unit & mapping just go with uprev, especially if staying N/A

Thanks for the input guys :thumbs: not worried abut anybody to tune it as i am quite happy to do it myself, had quite a bit of experience with Power FC and Emanage ultimate, so not a problem, i was more interested in how the Utec actually accomplishes the fuelling and timing adjustment.

A lot of piggybacks adjust the injectors and ign timing after the ECU, but the ECU will still fight the adjustments in closed loop, as its all about the lambda feedback and knock control, but Turbo XS where not about to volunteer any sensible info!

Ian, did the Utec have an input for the wideband?

I seem to remember when I was looking at it as an option that Mark at Abbey could tune it, but highly recommended UpRev over it. That was enough for me!

Yeah! i favour the Uprev Osiris tuner, to do ,myself, but its about £550 and i have seen a couple of cheaper Utecs and thought i might have a go if its at all capable, but i think at this rate I'll just have to wait until i can spare the extra cash.

Thanks for the input guys :thumbs: not worried abut anybody to tune it as i am quite happy to do it myself, had quite a bit of experience with Power FC and Emanage ultimate, so not a problem, i was more interested in how the Utec actually accomplishes the fuelling and timing adjustment.

A lot of piggybacks adjust the injectors and ign timing after the ECU, but the ECU will still fight the adjustments in closed loop, as its all about the lambda feedback and knock control, but Turbo XS where not about to volunteer any sensible info!

No, For the wideband you need to buy the TXS Tuner & you get the wideband reading from that (o2 sensor fitted into the cat)

No, For the wideband you need to buy the TXS Tuner & you get the wideband reading from that (o2 sensor fitted into the cat)

Ahh right, thought it had a wideband input and had a crude auto tune function like the Emanage,

Just had a quick squint at the manual, and although it has more scope for knock control, it actually has less resolution and less features than the Emanage, oh well!

looks like its back to the original idea, i already have an Innovate twin wideband setup with data logging ready to go in, may do that soon, if i can get the original O2 sensors out, then its just a case of feeding a simulated narrowband signal to the ECU, which will allow me i little fuel tweaking but only on a global scale.