catch can causing lumpy idle !

yokomo

A few weeks back i decided it would a good idea to get an oil catch can to ensure i wasnt getting oil sucked through from the cam covers and it looks cool :)

install was easy enough between the left bank and plenum , all went well. tubes got a little oily so i fgured great ive caught some oil from going plenumwards so i then orderd up some more hose and plumbed in the other bank and blocked off the intake pipes connection. howver this seem to have caused both a lumpy idle and a squeeling noise once car warms up !

its definatly the cause of the lumpy idle and im pretty sure the squeeling (will confirm this later after a test drive as its just been idling on my drive so far).

anyone shed some light on this ? my first suspect would be vacuum leakage on the second connection although im pretty sure i clammed the hose on good and tight.

second guess is somthing to do with the way i connected it between cam covers and plenum as the ARC cans that run to both sides use the intake pipe for vacuum.

Have you taken the feeds from the back of the engine and the right angle off the plenum?

If you have used the right angle off the plenum then this is your problem.This needs blanking,if you look to the left of the plenum you should see a black rubber cap with a clamp round,take a feed of that and use the cap to blank the plenum pipe.

I run the ARC can and that's how it's set up with the other side connected to the intake.

Have you taken the feeds from the back of the engine and the right angle off the plenum?

If you have used the right angle off the plenum then this is your problem.This needs blanking,if you look to the left of the plenum you should see a black rubber cap with a clamp round,take a feed of that and use the cap to blank the plenum pipe.

I run the ARC can and that's how it's set up with the other side connected to the intake.

i figured it might be somthing to do wiht this , going to have a look for this cap in a minute.

its now hooked up like I an had his cusco

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35792

the idling problem (didnt stall just lumpy as fork! and it squeeled whihc is now gone) occured when i hooked up the other side aswell .

id have one on the right hand side that went to the intake pipe , this is the one that caused the problem.

as of now its hooked up just as per yours ....viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35792

If its done as mine was then theres no need to cap anything off

yep , setup like this its all fine .

what i had done was split the valve cover conector wiht a y piece and connect up the other valve liek the the arc can does but instead of taking the breather from the intake tube i used the plenum as in the cusco , seems this is wont work so all take note dont bother trying it !