Passenger door central locking

was8v

Every single time I pick my girlfriend up from work, I unlock my Z with the fob and drive round, she will be stood there waiting. She walks over to car and every bloody time I forget to hit the unlock switch so the passenger door is still locked and she gives me hell for making her look silly stood in the rain trying the door.

Why the hell doesn't the passenger door unlock when you unlock the car like every single other car out there? It manages to open the boot every time but requires a double press (or interior switch) to open all doors. Its ridiculous!

Is there a way to set it up? On her Golf I can use VAG-COM to set it to lock over 10mph etc and do loads of stuff like that - anything on the Z?

Its a 2004 UK car btw.

Its an anti carjacking facility.

Its a pretty rubbish anti car jacking facility IMHO leaving the drivers door unlocked.

My girlfriends golf locks itself over 10mph and unlocks when the key is removed from the ignition or a door is opened - thats much better.... (though I'd still have my predicament above). Also locks the boot which cant be opened unless the key is out of the ignition (also a little annoying but perhaps stops bags being grabbed).

Will try holding both buttons for 5 secs :) cheers.

AAAAARGH

Just been out to the Z to try this:

Car unlocked, held both buttons for 5 secs then released

Press button to lock car, car locks.

Press button to unlock and nothing. nada. nothing.

Press unlock a few more times and nothing.

Use key to open car, alarm goes off, turn ignition to cancel.

Press button to lock car, car locks

Press button to unlock and nothing.

Frantically press unlock button and eventually the car unlocks, but not the pass side.

Try it a few more times and now I've come to the conclusion the unlock works intermittently now. Worked fine before GRRRRRRR. :bangin:

• 2 weeks later...
AAAAARGH

Just been out to the Z to try this:

Car unlocked, held both buttons for 5 secs then released

Press button to lock car, car locks.

Press button to unlock and nothing. nada. nothing.

Press unlock a few more times and nothing.

Use key to open car, alarm goes off, turn ignition to cancel.

Press button to lock car, car locks

Press button to unlock and nothing.

Frantically press unlock button and eventually the car unlocks, but not the pass side.

Try it a few more times and now I've come to the conclusion the unlock works intermittently now. Worked fine before GRRRRRRR. :bangin:

new battery in key required?