My New Shed!!

Beavis

So another 30k until you have to change the head gasket then?! :surrender::lol:

could be 3 miles or 300,000 miles.... It's exciting driving a K series! :lol::lol:

One eye on the temperature and one on the road.

So another 30k until you have to change the head gasket then?! :surrender::lol:

could be 3 miles or 300,000 miles.... It's exciting driving a K series! :lol::lol:

One eye on the temperature and one on the road.

Having done some reading on the rover forums, some reckon that the cooling system capacity is very marginal on these engines hence HGF if the coolant is allowed to run low. One of my first jobs this week is to replace the coolant and give the system a flush. :)

Also need to replace the timing belt as well.

Cant remember which engine my mate had on his early Disco - but Rover used plastic locating pegs for the head gasket on his and of course as the temperature goes a bit too hot too often these melt and the gaskets tend to slip a bit and fail plus their gaskets are made from recycled copy of the Star :lol:

You will be fine Beavis its cheap simple motoring and thats what its all about :thumbs:

nice one Dave

if you need any work on it my Brother is a Ex Rover mechanic, head gasket can be done properly ;)

Thanks Mike i will bear that in mind if it ever goes :thumbs:

he can do anything Rover wise

nice one Dave

if you need any work on it my Brother is a Ex Rover mechanic, head gasket can be done properly ;)

Where is he based Mike? :) The car originally came from a dealer in Mancheste iirc.

nice one Dave

Where is he based Mike? :) The car originally came from a dealer in Mancheste iirc.

L&G?

he's based in Sheffield

Nothing wrong with the K Series Engine but replacing the valves can be a bit of a pain. Car looks good. The Rover 75 Estate is the car I would go for if I needed a reliable/ cheap family car :thumbs: BMW technology :thumbs:

Nothing wrong with the K Series Engine but replacing the valves can be a bit of a pain. Car looks good. The Rover 75 Estate is the car I would go for if I needed a reliable/ cheap family car :thumbs: BMW technology :thumbs:

funnily enough that's one of my brothers cars

• 2 weeks later...

L&G?

John Wallwork

Manchester Road

Altrincham

:)

no rover dealership there now, long gone. Just round the corner from me though

Everything to do with Rover is long gone! :lol:

I could never understand how they designed something that looked OK then put a 1950's interior in the things :wacko:

We had a K series in the Elise, it went well. Just don't have passengers or fill it all they way up with fuel to relieve the torque pressure on the head gasket ;):lol:

ahh much sheddyness on the forum these days, thats a mighty fine bit of history right there. will you be cleaning it ever? or will the polish sand it down? i dont know if its a good idea to even let them near mine even though its probably not possible to make it worse :lol:

• 3 months later...

This winter is already proving that getting a fwd shed is the way forward. So far very reliable and copes with the snow and slippy conditions no problem. And best of all i dont get stressed worrying about kerbing an expensive alloy (which would cost the price of the shed to replace) or some other moron crashing in to me :#1:

DSC_0166.jpg