OEM, Tein and Eibach Spring Rates

SteveW

Does anyone know the spring rates for the Tein, Eibach and OEM springs?

After doing a couple of trackdays I'm looking to upgrade to something a bit stiffer and stiffer anti roll bars will follow shortly after but can't decide between Eibach and Tein, hoping spring rates can win it out for me.

I'm just a bit concerned of scraping on everything with the Eibachs (ie them stupid half speed humps loads around my area) and when I get my carbon body kit I'm palnning I would be well and truly angry if it got damaged by a speed bump!

Also I;m likely to need other bits and pieces to sort out the camber issues with Eibach.

I don't want coilovers because UK roads will kill them in no time and I don't do enough trackdays to justify them.

Cheers

Steve

Does anyone know the spring rates for the Tein, Eibach and OEM springs?

After doing a couple of trackdays I'm looking to upgrade to something a bit stiffer and stiffer anti roll bars will follow shortly after but can't decide between Eibach and Tein, hoping spring rates can win it out for me.

I'm just a bit concerned of scraping on everything with the Eibachs (ie them stupid half speed humps loads around my area) and when I get my carbon body kit I'm palnning I would be well and truly angry if it got damaged by a speed bump!

Also I;m likely to need other bits and pieces to sort out the camber issues with Eibach.

I don't want coilovers because UK roads will kill them in no time and I don't do enough trackdays to justify them.

Cheers

Steve

Had RSR sportsi coilovers on mine for a couple of years now and had no issues and that includes track days and lots of pot holed roads...

I think your issue with running springs and getting a kit is that you may need to do some adjustment and you wont really get that with springs or not easily anyway... Also if you get a stiffer spring then you may not get the damping from the nissan shocks.

You could see if you could get hold of some bilstein or some nismos. Dcash is running Bilstein's and drives very nicely...

Are the spring rates not on the Manu's websites?

Taken from another forum:

Oem linear springs

350Z’s 2003/2004 (unrevised)

Front:314 Rear:342

2004.5+ 350Z Oem spring rates

314/427

Eibach 350Z progressive springs 1â€/1â€

Spring rates in LBS initial/final front 296/384 initial/final rear 316/421

Eibach 350Z sportline progressive springs 1.2"/1.2"

F: 239/400 R: 257/435

Very wide spreads between the softer initial rates and firmer peak rates.

RSR 350Z linear springs .6â€/.6â€

Spring rates in LBS 345/417

Hotchkis 350Z Linear springs .6â€/.8â€

Spring rates in lbs 340/330

Tein S-tech 350Z springs .7“.6“ (fronts are slightly progressive, rears are linear)

Spring rates in LBS 386/402 (estimated front intial rate is 327lbs)

Tein H-tech 350z linear springs .3â€/.2â€

Spring rates in LBS 358/375

Progress Technology progressive springs 1.0â€/1.0â€

Spring rates in LBS 425/385 (final rates only, softer intial front progressive rate unknown)

350Z Tokico D-spec shock & spring package 1"/1.5" drop Kit part# DSK512

Spring rates 375/375 linear springs

Tanabe GF210 Series 350Z progressive springs 1â€/1.2â€

Spring rates in LBS 336/375 (only peak rates are published, softer initial progressive rates unknown) Not much stiffer vs oem, IMO Eibach prokit is a better choice because of that springs higher spring rates which should help keep you off the bumpstops more often.

Tanabe NF210 Series 350Z progressive springs 1.2â€/1.2†higher

Spring rates in LBS 314/353

Little to no increase in spring rate over oem, little to nothing added to keep you off the bumpstops

Swift 350Z linear springs .8â€/.6â€

Spring rates in LBS 336/364

Swift 350Z Spec-R progressive springs 1.2â€/1â€

Spring rates in LBS intial/final Front: 291/392 Rear: 280/448

Nismo T2 350Z Linear springs 1â€/1â€

Spring rates in LBS 625/700

Way too much spring for oem shocks or Tokico D-specs, Tokico HP, KYB GR-2 or off the shelf Koni yellows/Bilstein HD. TcKline DA shocks were specfically designed for these springs.

Vogtland 350z progressive springs 1â€/1â€

Spring rates in LBS initial/final front 257/354 initial/final rear 285/422

Espelir 350Z progressive springs 10mm drop F&R

386/515 (softer initial progressive rates are unknown)

H&R sport progressive springs 350Z 1.3â€/1†drop

Spring rates in LBS 370/400 (peak rates only, softer initial rates are unknown)

Skunk2 350Z progressive springs 1.3â€/1â€

Spring rate in LBS 238/381 237/395

Schift, star man!!! Right Find.

Thank you.

3FiddyZ I had a look on manufacturers sites and did some seraches, all I could find were axle loads and no rates.

Thanks for the information, regarding the coilovers I will check those out. I'm just reluctant because I've had coilovers fail before on UK roads and it costs nearly as much to repair them as buying new ones which then fail pretty quickly. Maybe its just the roads I drive on.... its pretty bad round west yorkshire!

Cheers

Steve