stock vs modified 1/4mile / in gear times

jollyranchers

just wondering how the z gets on with 1/4 mile times on a track i.e santa pod ?

anyone tested a stock ' v ' remapped z with high flow cats and exhaust etc

is there much of a difference between stock and modified times ?

anyone done any in-gear timings of stock v modified ?

• 5 weeks later...

Drag 2 years ago in my first NA Zed with breathing mods:

0-60 in 5.1 secs

Drag on same track last year with SC Zed (approx 400bhp)

0-60 in 5.2 secs (no traction - the OE viscous diff was terrible)

Drag on same track this year with SC Zed (now with added Kaaz diff and R888's)

0-60 in 4.5 secs (est)

0-60 in 5.1 secs

0-60 in 4.5 secs (est)

For those that don't know, that's a massive jump

0-60 in 5.1 secs

0-60 in 4.5 secs (est)

Crrikey, NA and 5.1? :blink: Just how much was it making NA?

.......Crrikey, NA and 5.1? :blink: Just how much was it making NA?

Never dynoed my first (import ST) Zed. It was just running breathing mods like Kinetix plenum, CAI with popcharger, decats, Y pipe and an RSR exhaust. It felt a better car to launch than the SC Zed when it was running the OE diff as well - just hooked up better - I did about 10 drag runs and the 0-60 ranged from 5.1secs to 5.4 secs depending on how long I was willing to hang onto 2nd gear.

If you really want to get into the 4's for 0-60 though I would say the first purchase should be a better diff/softer tyres and then chase more power. The Kazz LSD on my present Zed has to be the best mod I've ever put on a car. I dynoed the Zed at the last 1/4 day and was down by 30whp (map got corrupted on the Utec/since sorted) yet Zed was .7sec quicker down the 1/4 mile than with OE diff. My terminal speed ranged between 111mph-114mph which would indicate that 12's are possible if I get my sh1t together.

Corrupted map?! :scare: still have to see your z man.

Well when I say corrupted - it had defaulted to a previous map rather than the one I had last mapped it on.

Its been in Couture Auto for the past two weeks - feel free to drop in and have a gander - I'm sure Nick won't mind. I hope to pick it up on Friday - so you could take it for a spin at that stage if you like.

Corrupted map?! :scare: still have to see your z man.

Well when I say corrupted - it had defaulted to a previous map rather than the one I had last mapped it on.

Its been in Couture Auto for the past two weeks - feel free to drop in and have a gander - I'm sure Nick won't mind. I hope to pick it up on Friday - so you could take it for a spin at that stage if you like.

Hmmmmmm nick and I no longer see eye to eye so don't think it would be a good idea to drop in there... man you offering me a test drive lol you'll regret that ;-) might meet up with you Friday though. What time do you plan on picking it up? Think I'll be wrapping up this current work Thursday evening.(famous last word)

How do you calculate your 0-60 times from the 1/4 mile print outs?

Print outs from my last 1/4 mile only give times to distances and mph at 1000ft, 1/8m and 1/4m.

Is there a way to estimate from these?

AFAIK they have some sort of radar off the start to estimate the 0-60 time. I've run 1/4 miles where the only figures given were 0-60 and the 1/4 mile time and run 1/4 miles where I got the 60ft time, 1/8 mile time, 1/4 mile time and terminal speed but they haven't given 0-60 so I guess depends on the technology the operators use.

In any case 0-60 is a bit of a nonsense - I get a faster 0-60 if I leave the Zed in 2nd and bring it to the redline to clear 60mph but a slower 1/4 mile than if I changed up just at 55-58mph due to the power/torque curve of the SC Zed. I'd be much more interested in the 60ft times (to see how the Zed is hooking up the power to the tarmac) and the actual 1/4 mile times (much better indicator of performance than 0-60times).

I'd love to have a longer run though as the SC Zed is really coming into its stride towards the end of the 1/4 mile - the final pull through 4th gear (up to around terminal speed of 114mph) to the line is just amazing - I'd love to get figures on a standing km.