Vortech Kit? - SOLD

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

Some of you are probably aware from the FS forum that I am currently selling my car - it went on PistonHeads this afternoon also.

I am considering de-installing the kit prior to selling the car.

If anyone is interested in pursuing that option and purchasing the kit (which has only done 1500 miles) with any of the additional modifications which I have also on the car, feel free to give me a shout.

If I was to de-install I would probably have it done at Abbey Motorsport in Surrey or TDI in Essex (as both know what they are doing with the Vortech kit) and that also might be worth considering for a co-ordinated de-install/install at around the same time (to ensure no parts go missing for one thing ;) ) and since it should make the job even the more straightforward.

Edit------> Ballpark cost - £2500 for the kit

Guest prescience
Won't work on your car mate or MY06.

Sorry if this is a noob question, explain pleasee, why wont it work on an '06? :surrender:

I don't know the technical reasons without contacting Vortech - probably simply fitment-related.

However they are developing (and may have already developed) a specific kit for MY06 and were looking some months back for donor cars to test it out - in the US.

Guest prescience
I might be interested in your wheels, i could give you cash+ my rays for them?

Unfortunately, I already have a set of Rays.

If and when I strip out the kit I will put all the stuff up for sale - I already have a first refusal on the cats and plenum :scare:

ps Val et al its OK to let people add to this thread (within reason :lol:) thanks anyhoo

I might be interested in your wheels, i could give you cash+ my rays for them?

Unfortunately, I already have a set of Rays.

If and when I strip out the kit I will put all the stuff up for sale - I already have a first refusal on the cats and plenum :scare:

ps Val et al its OK to let people add to this thread (within reason :lol:) thanks anyhoo

;)

Guest prescience

So although there are no guarantees since I am still planning to sell the car as is (will review in 2 weeks), I do have a price in mind for all items as shown in the FS thread - so if you want to propose a price, I'll let you know

Guest prescience

It was sold on the car see here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

I had got as far as arranging the date (25 Sep) for TDi to take the kit off and sell individually when I spotted the message on my mobile's answerphone - it was all over in a few hours.

He was keen to start with (had the cash) but the first time I put my foot down, it was all over :yahoo:

He made some interesting remarks:

- coming from a Supra, he thought the stock Z wasn't fast enough; this bodes well for the future for the FI guys

- he was concerned about it being a base car but my re-trim to leather/alcantara solved the issues he had; not concerned about cruise, Bose or heated seats but the leather is important and for £500 notes would be worth considering for those non-GT boys

- he loved the Kuro but wouldn't have one due to the swirling of the paint on the ones he had seen; treat yours lovingly Kuro peeps :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Definitely needs FI, agree with that.

Happy you got what you wanted mate. Keep in touch.

Yes I did, I wasn't for moving on price once I had determined (as we discussed on MSN) what could be made by splitting.

No way its a slow car, people should not mis-understand me, its just that for the brave of heart, FI offers so much more and the dynamics etc of the car prove how capable it is of handling the extra power.

When you get that motor of yours done and somewhere accessible, that is one thing I want to see ;)