HELP WITH Brake pads

daveyboy10

Thanks for that.... Can someone tell me the main difference between redstuff and yellowstuff???? Which ones are better in terms of brake dust as well?

I know a couple of people have said these are really good....Are they as good as the genuine pads??

Thanks once again.

The yellows are for fast road and track use , basically a better pad. Mines have only been bedded in and they are already brilliant and due to get better with more running. I managed to make myself sick bedding them in, awesome fun lol

How so Mike? Mate of mine runs them on his VXR220 with AP slotted discs and they're brilliant, certainly AP didn't mention anything about not running certain pads when he spoke to them.

it was mentioned here just the other day

ok so i went here

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/contact.shtml

and sent this to EBC

This is regarding the use of yellowstuff pads on grooved discs on the Nissan 350z but applies to cars in general.

There is currently confusion as to wether these pads are at all suitable for use with grooved discs. Can you clarify for myself and the 350z community if this is the case? And if not, what your reccomendation would be from your catalouge for use with grooved discs.

Cheers,

A speedy reply from EBC, very impressed!

Hi John,

All of our performance pads work on our performance discs.

We do not recommend using Ultimax pads on grooved discs. This is for all cars not just the 350Z.

Personally I would fit Yellow pads to any of my cars.

Best regards,

Bob Sketchley

So yellow stuff is fine on EBC grooved discs, case closed :)

further to this:

I assume the ultimax being cheaper, more basic pads aren't up to the task of grooved discs, and that's why they shouldnt be used?

Spot on. I think we have caused some confusion by calling one of our performance discs “Ultimax Sport Rotors†and a standard pad as “Ultimaxâ€.

Yellow is an excellent pad with good cold bite that gets better as heat is introduced. It is also capable of competition and trackday use.

Best regards

Bob

Hope that helps :)

It's amazing how little effort it takes to have good customer service and the difference it can make to a company. It amazes me still why some companys don't bother.

Good stuff :thumbs: