New Sub Box - Under Stut Version

Rob_Quads

Well after buying a new (well second hand sub) just before christmas i have at long last managed to get it in the car. It might be a slightly damaged sub but its still already sounding 100 times better than what I had attempted to do in the standard location. Ideally at sometime a new/good condition Orion H2 will come up and I can swap that in (even tho this is virtually exactly the same)

I was hoping to do some really clever install, I had a few different ideas but as money is a bit tight I decided just to go with the under strut solution. All in the install cost me only £12 in bits I did not already have so quite good really.

Quite happy with how it looks. The H2 is such a chunky sub. Was supprised a 10" would not just fit under the strut. Sub is powered by an Orion 1200D

So Pics.....

IMG_5764.JPG

IMG_5767.JPG

IMG_5766.JPG

The magnet would fit under, it is a very square sub at the back, barely smaller at the back than the front. Technically the surround does JUST fit under the strut but to get it like that you would need a full fibreglass box as the top/bottom there is not enough room for even 18mm MDF thus why i had to bring it out a bit. Wanted to keep as much as the boot as possible as we often use it.

The magnet would fit under, it is a very square sub at the back, barely smaller at the back than the front. Technically the surround does JUST fit under the strut but to get it like that you would need a full fibreglass box as the top/bottom there is not enough room for even 18mm MDF thus why i had to bring it out a bit. Wanted to keep as much as the boot as possible as we often use it.

IMO your looking at the wrong sub. Orions love space so you will need IMO atleast 1cuft of displacement. Check the displacement of the sub, try it in a larger box and it might sound better.

I have the same series of amp an Orion d2400 powering an FI Q 10" sealed.

Not sure I agree with you on that one. Granted ported the Orions love a nice big box but when your feeding them power in a sealed box they love a nice small box. This is just over .7 cu.ft which means minus the displacement but adding the extra for the curve out I would be hovering around the .6/.5 mark which is fine for 1200w. If you start putting more it prefers even smaller down to .3 cu ft

Soundwise I love the H2 10.2 in a nice small box

Not sure I agree with you on that one. Granted ported the Orions love a nice big box but when your feeding them power in a sealed box they love a nice small box. This is just over .7 cu.ft which means minus the displacement but adding the extra for the curve out I would be hovering around the .6/.5 mark which is fine for 1200w. If you start putting more it prefers even smaller down to .3 cu ft

Your right mate I thought it was a HCCA :bangin:

Your right mate I thought it was a HCCA :bangin:

Ah Yes - the HCCA - thats a totally different beast :D