more bloody money!

SunGodRA

As if this month hasn't been expensive enough for me - alloys from the dog and refurb cost (which I am really looking forward to seeing!!! :yahoo: )

now I have just blown a speaker on my home cinema system :angry: The system is (was) perfect - Denon THX amps with 8:1 Bower and Wilkins speakers - cost well over £5k!

Looks like tweeter and mid range/bass (kevlar) has blown on front centre speaker - now it all sounds like shite :thumbdown:

I am dreading the repair bill :headhurt:

I hope whatever you were watching was well worth it :p seriously though mate, they all seem to come at once eh, bill after bill!

Was watching Star Trek (2009 movie, yet again! lol) - admittedly it was loud but I have 800w amps and speakers are rated well over that - but there was a spike in sound when they jumped to warp :lol::lol::lol:

Mate, if there was a movie I would want my system to blow up to, it would be Star Trek! What a film! I bought it on my iPhone whilst traveling and I must of watched it about 18 times! :thumbs:

Only 18 times! :lol::lol::teeth:

I always have it on when I am messing about on PC - just as background sound lol :lol:

As sad at it sounds, it is probably my most favourite movie ever! :scare::yahoo:

MAN! I'd LOVE a set of B&W speakers. They are just awesome. got my projector about 4 months back n still havent gotten round to getting an av reciever or speakers. just had it plugged into my pc n watching movies through that, with the amazing 2.1 speakers hahaha :yuck:

MAN! I'd LOVE a set of B&W speakers. They are just awesome. got my projector about 4 months back n still havent gotten round to getting an av reciever or speakers. just had it plugged into my pc n watching movies through that, with the amazing 2.1 speakers hahaha :yuck:

If you got the room or are remoddeling the room I can highly recommend B+W CCM65 that will go in ceiling... Great sound track...

Also if you need a stop gap, I just pulled all the AV stuff out of my flat I was renting... Sony MS525 speakers and Sub with a couple of floorstands, Sony STR-DB 1080 Amp, Sony DVP-S725D DVD (And a top of the range Sony 32" LCD (the floating glass design one!) they may be going on Ebay soon!