Haven't a clue, need help!!

BladesGrant

Right I haven't a clue when it comes to installs so need some help. I have bought this HU off another member (been very useful but going on holiday so won't be able to help!!). I have basically bought a new HU with a parrot bluetooth. So this is the parrot unit:

Picture001-4.jpg

I am prety sure I have connect everything to the HU and parrot correctly as they are the only connectors that fit:

Picture002-4.jpg

So now I am only left with the following connectors from the HU / parrot:

Picture003-4.jpg

and these from the back of Bose:

Picture004-3.jpg

As far as I can tell only 2 of these will be required as I am not going to be using steering wheel controls (HU has a remote control). It seems to me the pins are the wrong way round to connect. Does this still require the specific Bose loom to enable to connect these together? :bangin:

I know the pictures might not help that much but thought I would give it a try.

Nope that is pretty much everything I received. The only other cable goes directly into the back of the HU and has loads of RCA style female cables. I presume these are the pre-outs and the aux-in cables. I have just ordered a loom from sextons (ICT 29-674 - Nissan 350z Bose USC Loom) and a double din facia (ICT 50-256 - Nissan 350Z Pre 06 Double Din). Hopefully this will then allow me to connect them all together. :thumbs:

Was this all in another 350Z with bose? Reason i ask is i'm not sure how it will work with the bose amps.

The ICT 29-674 loom uses front and rear preouts to provide the signal to the bose amps. The way Parrots work is they have there own internal amp that powers the speakers when making a call etc.. Theres no way of connecting this up to the bose speakers.

Ive done a similar install on my mates Vogue and we had to add an extra centre speaker to provide sound when making a call.

I presume the previous owner had it installed in their 350z. I can always just install the HU and use the Bluetooth directly with the HU as tat has an external microphone similar to the parrot.

Want to get the HU sorted more than anything else.

The way Parrots work is they have there own internal amp that powers the speakers when making a call etc.. Theres no way of connecting this up to the bose speakers.

Ah yes - your right. If thats the case then there is no way this system is going to work as its designed for a non-amplified system. There may be a way to make it work but the normal leads are not going to work for you.

To get a Parrot system to work with the Bose system you need a Parrot Drive and Talk adaptor which isnt cheap. Check the parrot site for car compatability and it tells you which lead you need depending on which parrot system you have.

To get a Parrot system to work with the Bose system you need a Parrot Drive and Talk adaptor which isnt cheap. Check the parrot site for car compatability and it tells you which lead you need depending on which parrot system you have.

Top man, thank you. :thumbs:

So am I right in thinking that with the loom I have ordred and removing the Parrot unit I shouldn't have a problem with the HU?

Thanks.

The blue wire G is the remote wire, this needs to be connected to the blue wire (remote) on the back of the headunit, it isnt normally seperate like in the picture.

I used blue scotch locks to hook everything up, you can get these from halfords.

The blue wire G is the remote wire, this needs to be connected to the blue wire (remote) on the back of the headunit, it isnt normally seperate like in the picture.

I used blue scotch locks to hook everything up, you can get these from halfords.

Cheers for that. Are there any leads out there that will allow the parrot 3200 to work with the Bose amp. I presume it would just come through really loud as its amplified itself?

The parrot site says you need cable PD000114AA but i'd consult an expert as i'm only going by what the parrot site says.

The parrot has its only volume control. The way parrots work is they have an input and output for the speakers. When listening to your radio it bypasses the parrot. When making a phone call it mutes the radio and switches to using its own internal amp, this is why theres an issue when connecting to the bose system as the parrots output cant connect to the bose amps.