The most expensive Z on sale in the UK

janoof1

I quote - "Also it is not the revised engine. So what if it has Tiptronic etc, as mentioned, its an import and worth less as a result. The nismo kit and wheels are only worth about 2k as an option fit. Insurance WILL be higher for it too, no warranty (manufacturer) and what happens when the tiptronic fails"

Few things, I'm not quite sure just because it's an import it's worthless as a result?? I've saved a small fortune buying JDM and at the end of the day it's the same car as a UK one, if some people really do feel that it's really that different then unlucky! ok you lose the warranty but my cars four years old already (doesn't look it) and therfore warranty would of expired anyway. I think we've gotta stop this turning our noses up at the import stuff ( I'm surely not the only member heere who feels the same way - maybe I am?)

Second thing - I think most insurance companies are coming round to the idea that grey imports are not what they used to be and therefore there isn't much difference if any for insurance preimiums from JDM to UK.

Third thing - the triptronic is probably as likely to fail as when your clutch does in a manual so don't think that's relevant.

I do agree though, cars well over priced, more likely a typo error and should read £26k ? even that I think is steep! Anyone fancy ringing them to confirm?

I quote - "Also it is not the revised engine. So what if it has Tiptronic etc, as mentioned, its an import and worth less as a result. The nismo kit and wheels are only worth about 2k as an option fit. Insurance WILL be higher for it too, no warranty (manufacturer) and what happens when the tiptronic fails"

Few things, I'm not quite sure just because it's an import it's worthless as a result?? I've saved a small fortune buying JDM and at the end of the day it's the same car as a UK one, if some people really do feel that it's really that different then unlucky! ok you lose the warranty but my cars four years old already (doesn't look it) and therfore warranty would of expired anyway. I think we've gotta stop this turning our noses up at the import stuff ( I'm surely not the only member heere who feels the same way - maybe I am?)

Second thing - I think most insurance companies are coming round to the idea that grey imports are not what they used to be and therefore there isn't much difference if any for insurance preimiums from JDM to UK.

Third thing - the triptronic is probably as likely to fail as when your clutch does in a manual so don't think that's relevant.

I do agree though, cars well over priced, more likely a typo error and should read £26k ? even that I think is steep! Anyone fancy ringing them to confirm?

I don't have any problems with JDM's. My point was that I wouldn't pay over £20k for an import thats all. Due to their very nature imports are always going to be priced cheaper than UK car which is fine, but this example is way way overpriced :scare:

I think the point that was being made was that a JDM car is worth less than a comparable UK, not that a JDM was worthless - which of course it isn't

1. I agree entirely - even though it was cheaper than the equivalent UK car, on my salary this was a lot of money to spend on a car, however good.

2. One of the reasons I was initially drawn to this forum was that I did not get the impression that anyone turned their noses up at JDMs. I still think this is true, even though some of the posts on this thread seemed to be going that way - I'm glad to note that later posts have clarified the views expressed.

3. Import insurance is not the problem it used to be - I am paying £346 per annum - that's less than I paid Admiral for my Honda Prelude.

4. While I agree that the tiptronic is very good and is probably less likely to fail than a clutch, it will be expensive if it does. :headhurt: I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I'm going to check the oil levels regularly. My son is in the process of replacing the 'box in the Prelude which failed after losing oil via a small leak which was not picked up before damage occurred.

5. The car is way overpriced.

I will stick my oar in regarding imports ,even though I'm not an impartial judge :blush:

The only reason why you should pay more for a UK car over an import is if it has still got makers warranty left to run... After this there is no earthly reason why an import should be valued less , as generally speaking they are in better condition than the equivilant UK car that has been drove through our salty winter roads,, The Jap owners also seem not to abuse there cars to such a degree as their British counterparts

If you look at say the Mitsubishi Shogun/ Pajero situation the import vehicles are now commanding a higher price than the equivilant year Uk cars as they are in better condition

When all said and done they are all produced at the same factory and are virtually identical in spec (apart from radio, sat nav etc., which to be frank are not so hot in UK cars by reading threads on this forum !! )