Bit of advice needed

CMR

Hello,

Could really do with two threads as i'm not sure this is the right place to post and its a bit of a mixed question, but thought i'd make one to save clutter :lol:

First thing, I bought my Z back in march time and until recently have had no issues with it. The previous owner was on here, and as far as I can tell looking at his previous posts he had no real issues with it.

It was bought with extended warranty until Jan 2011 and I didn't think to check when I picked up the car whether I needed the previous owners signature to transfer the warranty over to me, as I didn't expect to need to use it.. Now after reading the extended warranty book properly I see that I need to fill out the back of it and have the previous owners consent to transfer the warranty... thing is, I've tried contacting him (he used to be a fairly regular member on here) but he doesn't seem to be bothered and hasn't responded to me... bit annoying as all I need is his signature.

Has anyone ever had a similar situation, whats the chance if I send the book off to Nissan with just my signature on it and nothing from the previous owner they will transfer the rest of the warranty over? Or does anyone have a better idea?

As far as I can see the only mods are a Nismo cat back, Nismo Y pipes, HKS panel filter and I think a plenum spacer.. could anyone confirm from this picture?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v466/ ... G_0088.jpg

The issue i'm having is the engine light is coming on after about 70 miles of being reset depending on driving style, the code is P1273 which is Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor 1. Googling it suggests its running lean by either an exhaust leak, airleak, sensor issue, or a MAF problem. The car is driving spot on so I don't think its anything serious and it doesnt come back on straight away so does anyone have any ideas or help on that problem too.. what its most likely to be etc.

Thanks for your help on either question

Craig

Thats a spacer allright

Not sure re the problem, think that it might be a air leak somewhere O2 sensors for the cats maybe? (should throw up a different error though), maybe have a look at the airfilter box, sensor (clean with electronic spray), could be a small leak somewhere around the plenum (dont think so though but it might). Maybe take her down to a garage and have her checked out? where are you based?

Cheers for the reply

Well as soon as I get this warranty thing sorted I'd just like to dump it at Nissan and say sort it. But if I can't get it transferred i'd rather buy the part for it and get it sorted myself!

I thought it might be the plenum thats causing it but I cant hear any air leaks. I'l check the MAF tomorrow, could it be the o2 sensors themselves or would that throw a different code?