bodyshop questions

UNABASHED

ok, so I'm slowly getting together together all the exterior bits for my car and getting them all fitted and painted at same time as I assume that will work out the cheapest way of doing things. Slight mishap has spoilt my plans slightly and it looks like I will be getting some bits done before I have the rest sorted.

1st Question:

What I want to know is what sort of price I should be aiming for from a decent bodyshop for the fitting and painting of rear bumper, the fitting and painting of a spoiler and the fitting and painting of sideskirts. I know there's no way for anyone to give me a exact quote but a ballpark figure is all I'm after as the quotes I've had so far are so different it's as if they are being plucked at random!

2nd Question:

I've got a couple of bodyshop places given by Nixy and others but just wanted to see if anyone had anymore recomendations of anywhere in the North, prefferably near Leeds or Northwich (just north of Crewe for those that don't know it!) so I can get a nice big list of quotes.

3rd Question:

I've been planning on getting Nismo sideskirts, does anyone have any other idea's what would suit a ings+1 rear bumper? (before anyone says it I'm not too kean on the ings skirts!)

Price wise I would think around £500 but as you said, depends on where you are and the quality of work,for the side skirts, I'm not sure what they are but Chesterfield's skirts are really B)

£500 would be a nice attainable figure :teeth:

Do you know what skirts chesterfield has?

There may be a specific forum thats dedicated to custom cars based around your area, also worth looking at places that do american customs as they will have paint facilities.

To be honest I think £500 is a bit on the low side, for skirts, spoiler and wing, esp if they need to be painted and prepped. Also lots of places wont give you a final price till they have seen and test fitted the kit (or at least they will have some type of caviat!)

why is it so hard to find bodyshops that deal with modifications?! I keep trying places and they only do repairs, there doesn't seem to be anyway for me to search for modification places!!!!

One question on this though! If a car has a prang and needs a new rear bumper whats the difference between the fitting of an aftermarket one or a stock (apart from some aftermarket ones may be a bit out!!)

I could see issue with a spoiler I supose as that would have to a new part fitted but they should be into it!

http://www.yorkshirecruise.com/Forum/frontpage.php

http://www.sheffieldmodifiedcars.co.uk/ ... s/home.php

http://cruiseleeds.proboards.com/index.cgi

Just a couple after a google search! At least you will get some names off people that have used places!