Brembo paint for callipers

jacr87

if you have crappy single pot cast brake calipers etc foliatec stuff is good (slap it on with a paintbrush etc). If you want a good smooth finish on brembo's then you have to paint them like a car.

Primer, Top Coat and a H2 Laquer. We do alot of this type of work through my work place. Do alot of Range Rover Brembo's, Done Astons brakes, etc.

Get the car or calipers down to a body shop and get a price. (make sure you have new brembo stickers though)

if you have crappy single pot cast brake calipers etc foliatec stuff is good (slap it on with a paintbrush etc). If you want a good smooth finish on brembo's then you have to paint them like a car.

Primer, Top Coat and a H2 Laquer. We do alot of this type of work through my work place. Do alot of Range Rover Brembo's, Done Astons brakes, etc.

Get the car or calipers down to a body shop and get a price. (make sure you have new brembo stickers though)

The foliatec kit has Primer, top coat and laquer.... :thumbs:

Im still in two minds whether to do mine myself or not.... might be hard work and look cack :dry:

Cheers for that Tarmac.

Yeah the Z has long gone mate, megane is now in place. :shrug:

I remember now, why did you sell ? Is the megane as good or did you need something more practical ?

:thumbs:

Sold it as The Z was costing too much to run and being 22 I was driving around the B roads with a heavy right foot. Went for the Megane more practical and it still has a little kick to it.

comments like that make me think... why did i buy a 350z.. im skint enough as it is lol

you bought it because its an awesome car and it puts a massive smile on ure face when u drive it. i have found myself thinking im gonna sell coz i cant afford it.... then i slap myself and say "stop being a tit"

+ i have used that stuff on ebay. TBH its really hit and miss. loads of prep work needed to get a really good finish. i did my calipers on my ST. looked really good for a while and then its started to chip off. as did the other people who used it. just not really hard wearing enough i guess.