Tiny spot of rusy-best way to treat?

rawbhp

depends on what it is. you can get surface contaminants like iron dust in the paintwork that then rusts, i used to get little spots of it.

remedy = clay bar, polish and wax

if its actual surface rust, and this will only happen if the paint has been broken and bare metal visible then something like rustex applied to the surface will seal it, kill it then touch up paint on top (if its in a non visible place.)

I'm talking a few mm though. Should be able to sort it with the right products. It's only on the the surface.

Isn't there some king of anti-corrosion warranty!?

sounds like a contaminant stuck in the paint is actually rusting, not the actual paint. rust is all but non existent on a zed.

apparently places like train station car parks are notoriously bad for iron dust from the tracks. really bad for the paint. needs good paint care etc to keep the car looking good. the iron gets trapped in the paint and then thats what rusts.

I used to get patches like that one a few leading edges from stone chips. As Rich says, make sure its actually through the paint and not on the paint. If its through (should be quite obvious, most likely a stone chip), then treat it with Krust from Halfords. It kills off the rust and turns it into a primed surface, ready for a small amount of touch up paint. I did a few places on my old 350z and you couldnt see they were there afterwards and never came back or expanded etc. :thumbs: