Playstation 3 delayed for PAL regions

neo

There are a lot of familes that cant afford an Xbox 360 now - and quite a lot of kids who come from less afluent families count for a fair proportion of gamers I reckon.

Therefore they may only be able to justify a purchase like this for their children at Christmas - and last Christmas they were like rocking horse crap, and mega expensive. This year I reckon there will be special offers on, and with no PS3 to compete or "tempt" these kids to wait - Microsoft could clean up.

About £270 for the console itself (thats for the version with hard disk and wireless controller)

Then to play via wireless you need the adaptor, about £60.

Then you need the games...

So its still not cheap - but with a PS3 without any extras said to be around £425, its going to look attractive come christmas.

I would reckon MS may drop the premier 350 to £229 or maybe even have daft £199 offers on it come Christmas time, just to cram it into as many homes as possible, cutting Sony off this time round.

With the PS3 not even being on the shelves, and a price of £155 more for the PS3, and over £100 more than the US pays for the PS3 - I reckon Sony has stuffed the UK market for the PS3 well and truly - sure there wil be a few die hards and they will sell some units on the brand name, and the fact that some people despise everything Microsoft, but I think it will be a relative flop compared with the PS1 and PS2.

• 2 weeks later...

Its quite simple:

If you cannot afford an Xbox360 (which is a brilliant piece of kit, both for the gamers and the people developing games for it), go for a Nintendo Wii. It will cost way less (launch price $250 in the US), has a completely new controller system and Nintendo is always good for games with maybe not the most advanced gfx, but with very good gameplay, and that's what counts B)

Just forget about the PS3. Blu-ray won't make it, its overpriced and underpowered compared to an Xbox360 (maybe not in theoretical numbers, aldough if you see the cache access speed for the ps3 processors, its ridiculous, but in pratice its 10.000 times easier to get good performance from the Xbox than it is from the PS3 for a game developer), and they just lost FIFA to microsoft :headhurt: (now thats gonna cost them :scare: )