Stolen cars Leeds

martinmac

Posted for a friend. :dry:

My E39 BMW M5 and Fiesta ST were stolen in a break in last night (along with big telly, laptops, cameras etc (thankfully no bikes...)

Could you all keep your eyes peeled please -

Le mans Blue (mid metallic blue), black/grey interior and silly 19 inch polished split rims (I know, it was going back on the originals but I've only had it 3 weeks). Reg V6 SPP

Ford Fiesta ST Red (with white side stripes - and yes I know I've got bad taste!). Reg KU05WYA

Cars were stolen in the Leeds/West Yorkshire area. Ploice say they will probably park the M5 somewhere until they are sure any tracker hasn't been activated.

Thanks Sarah. This seems to be the norm nowadays, steal the car and park it elsewhere to see if anything is done.

A 300zx was spotted recently which had clearly been broken into, the steering column was a mess. The police said they couldnt do anything as it hadnt been reported as stolen. I would have hoped they could do something like put an advisory note and a clamp on it for security.

also the bad news is (im not 100% sure this is always the case) but if a thief uses your keys to get into the car and drive it off then its not insured.

I know this is definately the case if they dont break into teh house but rather manage to get them through your mail box or something...