windscreen replacement on JDM

relentless

Just got another nice 6" crack on my windscreen from a stone on the M6!! The first one was the second week i had the car (2 years ago) and now just before im selling it!!

Anyway, does anyone know if a UK windscreen will fit my 52 plate JDM? The one i have now is heated which i dont believe UK models are (can anyone confirm?). From past experience its taken a month to get a like for like replacement imported from Japan which id rather avoid.

update....

Spoke to my Insurers (Markerstudy) recommended windscreen suppliers, Auto Wind Shields, who have said that there are 9 variations in the windscreen on the JDM and basically theyre not prepared to order one from Japan incase it the wrong one! lol. I had it replaced by RAC 2 years ago and they mananged to identify and source the right one!

Anyway, Auto Wind Shields said that a UK screen will fit no problem, will probably go ahead rather than asking if my insurer if they will let me go to RAC as its alot less waiting.

my spec s import 350 didnt have a heated front windscreen, i foned auto glass (not the best, but the most expensive i know) they had one in stock and did it the next day! uk and jdm are identical

my spec s import 350 didnt have a heated front windscreen, i foned auto glass (not the best, but the most expensive i know) they had one in stock and did it the next day! uk and jdm are identical

Tint colour.....

Spoke to a knowledable bloke at RAC Autoglass who asked about if the glass had a slight tint. To be honest im not sure...if anything i would have said it had a slight green tint.

He said the UK ones have a green tint, which if you put in a car with say a bronze tint would stand out.

Can anyone confirm if JDMs have green tint as standard?

• 3 weeks later...

updated...

Windscreen replaced by AA Auto Windshields in the end. They only offer a call out service, which is actually better cuz you can keep an eye on them if youre paranoid.

The glass was UK equivalent, none OEM, green tint, and fitted fine. The fact that the previous windscreen was heated (wiper areas only) didnt matter.

All in all a good service and everyone i spoke to was genuinely helpful and knowledable.