Airbag light started flashing.

bigmike20vt

Out of the the blue this morning, after being driven all weekend, the airbag light has started flashing.

luckily i only got the car a month ago, so should be covered in the 3 month warranty i got with the car, however, am just wondering if there is anything i can do the check it - reset the ECU or something.

Also, i suppose this will have to go to Nissan rather than a small garage as it is probably computer related

any ideas?

cheers

M.

theree is a few posts on here regarding resetting it mate, i have it often when i move the drivers seat, what you have to do is put the key in and switch on then when the light starts to flash for the airbag switch off straight away, wait for five seconds and switch on again and repeat three times and that should reset it, if it doesnt do the same again. also check under the drivers seat and make sure the yellow plug is in tight. good lluck Dave :thumbs:

Quite a common issue, the connectors under the seats seem a bit poor, or at least in mine they were. Would randomly come on, sometimes twice in a week, sometimes not for over a year :bangin:

As suggested above, check the connectors under the seaet, and do the airbag reset and see if it gets triggered again. If it comes on again, get it sorted. Did you get the car from Nissan? If so just get them to look at it anyway :shrug:

thanks for the mail

will look at it tonight. it was from an independant garage. warranty for 3 months, so i have no issue resetting it but i guess i need to make seller aware, no point pushing any fault potentially outside my warranty just out of politeness ;)

cheers

check connectors under the seat

do the reset airbag procedure found in the guides subforum.

If light still comes on it could be the loom in the seat itself trapped against the frame and shorting. It will require cutting the trapped bit out and re-soldering. Had this issue myself. Cost £40 to repair. Easy to get to as the seat covers have a zip at the back making access easy

hi

i have had a look at hte guide, the problem i has is on turning on the ignition it takes maybe 7 seconds of being solid before it starts flashing.

the light never stops flasshing for me to follow the guide to do the reset.

i tried waiting for ages so i just followed the steps anyway but it still starts flashing.]

have checked the connectors as far as i can tell and they all seem ok.

The problem now lies in that....

imo this should be covered under the warranty, however - and i may be wrong, but am not sure how the seller will feel about stumping up for this should i have to take to a garage.

what do you guys think? am i doing something dumb on the resetting point?

cheers

M.