Just picked up the 350z

MGR

Sounds like you need to get it to Abbey, Uprev remap will soon give you that bit more your looking for... 100% WOT and lots more pull.

You never know, your car may be running in some type of limp mode.. It can happen and with no warning light. Try an ECU reset, also is it 100% stock under the hood?

Also, they learn from your driving style. on the dyno it takes them 5 or 6 runs to give their best numbers... Drive it like you stole it and it will improve..

i always presumed it was just auto boxes that learnt your style of driving ,looks like somthing to do for the week end, just to confirm, disconect battery for 30 ish mins then conect with all electrics off and let idle for 30ish minutes and then a give it a spirited drive?,

cheers.

also when i was first driving the zed i was a little unimpressed with the feel of the acceleration but then checked the spedo :scare:

Sounds like you need to get it to Abbey, Uprev remap will soon give you that bit more your looking for... 100% WOT and lots more pull.

You never know, your car may be running in some type of limp mode.. It can happen and with no warning light. Try an ECU reset, also is it 100% stock under the hood?

Also, they learn from your driving style. on the dyno it takes them 5 or 6 runs to give their best numbers... Drive it like you stole it and it will improve..

i always presumed it was just auto boxes that learnt your style of driving ,looks like somthing to do for the week end, just to confirm, disconect battery for 30 ish mins then conect with all electrics off and let idle for 30ish minutes and then a give it a spirited drive?,

cheers.

also when i was first driving the zed i was a little unimpressed with the feel of the acceleration but then checked the spedo :scare:

Nope, no need to disconnect! Just give it some beans where conditions allow!! as soon as the oil pressure is right and the water temp is in the middle of course!!

I was away for the weekend down to Whitely bay to a tournament and as 4 of us were going I drove my mates Taxi which is a Skoda Octavia diesel.

As soon as I started driving it felt as if I was wollowing all over the place and absolutely no punch from it whatsoever, going along the A69 when you hit the overtaking lanes which are only a few hundred yards long it was pointless even trying to overtake.

Got back on Sunday and as soon as I drove the Zed out the carpark it was like heaven, it makes you really appreciate how crisp the steering is, how assured the ride is and how planted you feel....

What a difference how hard the clutch pedal feels and the gear changes feel like a bolt action.

I was away for the weekend down to Whitely bay to a tournament and as 4 of us were going I drove my mates Taxi which is a Skoda Octavia diesel.

As soon as I started driving it felt as if I was wollowing all over the place and absolutely no punch from it whatsoever, going along the A69 when you hit the overtaking lanes which are only a few hundred yards long it was pointless even trying to overtake.

Got back on Sunday and as soon as I drove the Zed out the carpark it was like heaven, it makes you really appreciate how crisp the steering is, how assured the ride is and how planted you feel....

What a difference how hard the clutch pedal feels and the gear changes feel like a bolt action.

+1 :thumbs:

Been driving my otherhalfs Civic Diesel to work for the last few days since my Z is with CS having some parts fitted, everything is so much slower and softer....really make me appericate the Z much more. I think after only driving the Z day in and day out for over 3 years I forgotten just how good it really is :D Though actullay the Engine on the Civic isn't too shabby, it rated at 240 ib/Troque nearly the same as the Z, its trying to get it to go round the roundabouts i'm having problems with :lol:

I'm glad other people have found a similar thing with the engine in the Zed, I also think it's because the car is so comfy, relatively quiet (on a stock exhaust) and stable that you don't quite realise how fast the car is until you're almost in triple figures. My MR2 used to feel faster as it was lower, stiffer and louder...but it didn't pick up the pace like the Zed does.

I also tend to find, you pull out from a junction...1st and 2nd feel a bit empty....as does 3rd until you're above 4krpm. It's once you're in 4th doing 50-60 and decide to overtake that you realise the full potential of the engine, it pulls from low revs all the way to silly figures without any fuss. :thumbs:

I've read that the throttle is limited in 1st, 2nd and 3rd...and that this can be changed when getting an Uprev remap?? I'd be quite interested in getting one of these done, even on a stock Zed just to pick up throttle response throughout all the gears & revs.