Last pics of my Black 2004 before new rear bumper

ThomasSoerensen

HI all

Here are a few pictures I snapped today as I handed the car over to the guys fitting my new Strosek rear bumper. I have the bumper replaced because a nice neighbour crashed into the car.

It needs a new bumper and a new rear light.

I know the car is not very clean and shiny - but I don't mind that much.

It is my daily driver and I do about 6000 km per month in it going to and from sales meetings all over Germany and usually also a trip to Copenhagen once a month.

I like to keep it close to a sleeper - that is why I keep the long antenna :D

Enjoy.

4693148464_d6cf4f853a_b.jpg

4692515059_c387e2014b_b.jpg

4692515411_83b1ecf9d5_b.jpg

4693149508_3359781776_b.jpg

4693149814_539b6a0da4_b.jpg

4692516661_e6f20f3265_b.jpg

4693150832_345f4d1699_b.jpg

I love those wheels :)

Thanks, I am very happy with them too.

I was lucky that the dealer, who got the car for his personal use, got these nice wheels for it, and then he had to sell. So these are my summer wheels and the wheels from my introduction thread are my winter wheels.

The matt black finish hides brake dust and I think it gores really well with the black car.

My mechanic is eager to wrap the car in matt black vinyl but I cannot justify the cost of that for the moment. Also, that might be too strong a statement to send to customers. I am just an IT guy after all not a mafia hit man.

Looking good Thomas with those wheels B) Don't be concerned about the car looking dirty it shows you drive it rather than pamper it as most here. Thats the way to play....drive it like you stole it :teeth:

Are the wheels matt black of is it brake dust. My gloss wheels look like that be its from the brake dust :p

Looking good Thomas with those wheels B) Don't be concerned about the car looking dirty it shows you drive it rather than pamper it as most here. Thats the way to play....drive it like you stole it :teeth:

Are the wheels matt black of is it brake dust. My gloss wheels look like that be its from the brake dust :p

I agree with your sentiment about keeping it McLaren clean.

And the wheels are matt black intentionally :D

B)

Will look even better with the strosek rear bumper. Are you getting the wing too ;) Strosek is very cool and well engineered but expensive.

Always wanted to ask you Thomas, what is your consumption like: urban and extraurban? Do you have a switchable setup to turn the SC off if needed? I think that is a very strong point for it. finally have you had any issues with the set up at all?

B)

Will look even better with the strosek rear bumper. Are you getting the wing too ;) Strosek is very cool and well engineered but expensive.

Always wanted to ask you Thomas, what is your consumption like: urban and extraurban? Do you have a switchable setup to turn the SC off if needed? I think that is a very strong point for it. finally have you had any issues with the set up at all?

I might be getting the small adjustable Strosek wing. But most likely not this year.

My fuel consumption is something I, to a great degree, can control myself. Have seen about 15L/100km and I have seen 10.5L/100km. Normally I do a lot of my driving as Autobahn driving at approx. 130km/h and 11L/km seems to be normal when driving like that.

I have a switchable SC setup. I have a small button next to my gear lever that switches on or off the SC via an electro-magnet. But to be honest I very rarely switch it off. When switched off, because the air still has to pass thru all the SC piping, I only have arounf 200 bhp. The Zed with 200 bhp feels severely underpowered when you 2 seconds ago had 380 bhp.

And I have had absolutely no problems with the setup.

I am considering driving to Switzerland during the summer to have Novidem take a look at the state of the SC setup in order to see if any potential upcoming issues could be addressed now and bigger problems later be avoided. But that is also driven by me wanting an excuse to show them the car and geek out about it with some people intimately familiar with it.

cheers