APPLE...discounts...

Zugara

Dont know if peeps are aware, but if you have a son/daughter at college or uni, APPLE stores will give upto 20% discount for any item (not mobiles) for students.

Only found this out when my son went to buy an Imac from pc world and they wouldnt give discount on a £1800 system and a kind chap in a suit told us that APPLE stores give student discount.

Managed to get £306.00 off the store price. That worked out at 17%. :thumbs:

Seems that all Apple stands in PCworld/currys are under contract NOT to give discount!

Yeah but if you ask do they do discount for soldiers they look at you as if you have 2 heads. I bought 2 Apple computers last year i desktop other mac air and a few other software things.

When i sat down and started to sort out paper work and asked how i wanted to pay i said cash. He then tried to convince me to pay monthly (that way would have been more of course) refused and wanted to pay cash there and then. As i was spending over £2500 on computers i asked for discount. Spoke with manager about it etc etc. Refused me discount until i stood up and kindly told him where to place the computers he then offered me at student rate.

The shop in question has been mentioned in previous threads, but dont know why they do it for some and not others

RANT OVER LOL