Wheel alignment!

phoenix

Been recently to Formula One for wheel alignment and drove off with the steering wheel **** eyed to the left when the car is straight, so i took it back to be re done and now it's **** eyed to the right. How can they be getting it wrong?

Quite a few people here has had similar issues when they had their wheels aligned by some Joe Blogg. Having owned the Zed for 7 months i have come to realise that it's not like any road cars. Make sure the people who are going to work on your Zed knows the Zed. I know this comment is probably unhelpful but hopefully someone will be along who can tell u what to do next. :shrug:

Where are u by the way?

Seems to me they need to centralise the rack into both track rod ends instead of just adjusting one side...

The other option but not the correct one is to remove and relocate the steering wheel is the car steers stright. :thumbdown:

Another thing to check is that the steering clamp is gripping the steering wheel propperly and its not shifting when there setting the tracking,

This is true, ours at work locks the wheel to the seat...works a treat.

alignment on mine was fooked...

Drove into abbey, they sorted it, all set up for fast road and track use, drove out and it runs like its on rails... sow its worth taking it to someone who knows what they are doing...

But no reason that the Zed is different on the way it is alligned and how the steering works... same as about 75% of all other RWD cars out there!

Drove into abbey, they sorted it, all set up for fast road and track use, drove out and it runs like its on rails... sow its worth taking it to someone who knows what they are doing...

But no reason that the Zed is different on the way it is alligned and how the steering works... same as about 75% of all other RWD cars out there!

Bloody hell! You're still alive then?

Thinking about it, not saying this is the case with the Z but some manufactures vehicles i.e mercs, bmw's have to have certain weight loads on them to make the geometry set up correct. I think 0.7 of a liter of fuel is equal to 1kg iirc.

Thinking about it, not saying this is the case with the Z but some manufactures vehicles i.e mercs, bmw's have to have certain weight loads on them to make the geometry set up correct. I think 0.7 of a liter of fuel is equal to 1kg iirc.

0.7kg per litre, its density is less than water

I once had alignment done after they fitted new tyres and they buggered it up by not letting the car settle properly before adjusting... and one of the lads claimed he'd adjusted and set it up right, I knew this was rubbish when the boss had to use a gas torch to free off the adjuster, it was that tight!

Bloody hell! You're still alive then?

+1 on that :scare:

use someone who has a good system. Hunter is a excellent one.

+1 - had mine done by CS's guys down the road with a Jim Bean and their work was spot on, car felt so much better afterwards. TBH getting the geometry back to OEM settings isnt rocket science if the car is on stock suspension, any competant place should be able to do it

Think we should set up some comission with Abbey with the amount of people that go there from here ;)

+2, i've been saying this for ages, the Hunter system is the best out there, they do each wheel individualy instead of alligning one wheel off the other then alligning the front to match the backs. Hunter is one of if not THE best system out there.

+3 got mine done last weekend on a Hunter.

Where are you located? If anywherer near HD2 (Huddersfield) give Allcar Tyres and Exhausts a call thats who I used and they did a good job. Car feels totally different.

Quite a few people here has had similar issues when they had their wheels aligned by some Joe Blogg. Having owned the Zed for 7 months i have come to realise that it's not like any road cars. Make sure the people who are going to work on your Zed knows the Zed. I know this comment is probably unhelpful but hopefully someone will be along who can tell u what to do next. :shrug:

Where are u by the way?

South Nottinghamshire, i'm booked in at the Nottingham Wheel Alignment at Basford.

Cheers. :)