Paintless Dent Removal

tez162003

I had a guy come to remove a dent on the wifes car. It was a little worrying watching him beat the crap out of the door with soft faced hammers but the results were excellent.

I would only use someone who was recommended though.

The guy I used covers East sussex

This is the guy i used....

http://www.auto-dents.co.uk/

Theres some before and after of his handy work.

That’s the guy I know, Rob, he did a few Zeds for us last year, really nice guy and he offered us a good deal… :)

Mike, the norm is a fixed price of about £45 a panel but when Rob helped our members out he was doing a fair few panels for similar money, a deal Rob and I arranged beforehand… :)

That’s the guy I know, Rob, he did a few Zeds for us last year, really nice guy and he offered us a good deal… :)

Mike, the norm is a fixed price of about £45 a panel but when Rob helped our members out he was doing a fair few panels for similar money, a deal Rob and I arranged beforehand… :)

I just spoke to rob and he said its not worth travelling to him. but he gave me fair bit of advise, what prices i should be looking to pay, and someones number who will be able to help. Sound bloke me thinks :)

I just spoke to rob and he said its not worth travelling to him. but he gave me fair bit of advise, what prices i should be looking to pay, and someones number who will be able to help. Sound bloke me thinks :)

Good to read Rob helped, just about to call him for another member... :)

I have a couple of friends who do this. My main friend is the top guy at BMW import centre in Thorn, the other chap was his apprentis at the bodyshop.

The younger lad did my Z when I picked it up, there were a couple of car park dents on the doors and a larger one on the roof. I got a little reduction on the cost because of the dents from the dealer...

The dent on the roof was a little harder because I didnt want the roof lining taking out so my mate used a glue gun to pull the dent out then flattend it back down. I know this sounds crazy but the work is perfect. I've worked in a body shop for 13 years and I would pick PDR on my car every time if the paint isnt broken.

The dent was just near the black rubber seal in the middle.

DSCF4299Medium.jpg

Alex

Google 'Dentbusters' I have used the one in the Uxbridge, West London area and he's the bussiness many dealers use him in the area. I used to work for Ford at Dagenham we called them 'dingers' these guys would stand at the end of the production line (Fiesta's) looking down the cars then get to work on any that had small dents put in them while being assembled (and there were many).

If you have never seen it done they use a range of spoons or irons to get into akward places then they iron out the dent, they NEVER use hammers so not sure what the previous post is on about :shrug:

Emm, I've used three different people (all trained by BMW) and they have all used a panel hammer with a little plastic tool after de-dinging the panel to get it perfect. You tend to find the dent guys dont get 100% perfect finish with the metal tools from inside alone, they use the hammer and plastic tool to flatten the high spots they cause.

There is a hugh difference in the quality of the de-dinger...If they dont take there time you can see where they have pick the dent into a little corner of the original dent. You will also find what looks perfect to the normal customer isnt alway perfect to a trained eye like in an trade.

We do Ford warranty work and I would never buy a Ford lol..

I got Dentwizard midlands to do mine today, as it wasnt a recommendation i had a long chat first, he seemed to know his stuff, he came this morning, (i wanst there) he did the 3 dents i noticed. then he did a further 3 which i some how missed... all in all 6 dents

2 on driver door

1 on driver front wing

2 on passenger rear wing

1 on passenger door

while he was there he also did a couple of dents that were on the misses TT for free.

I havnt seen it yet but the misses and her mum both cannot even see where any of them were apparently. so sounds good.