AVOID Hughes Coachworks (Surrey) !!!!!

mplavery

Hi People,

I was not sure whether to write this but then i would not want this to happen to anyone else on this forum, My car is not a 350z but my girlfriend's getting one soon and i would hate for this to happen to anyone else

January last year i damaged my Do-Luck bumper, instead of just getting just the bumper replaced i decided that i would take the plunge and completely redo the look of the Supra like bumpers, spoiler, bonnet, mirrors, side skirts, colour change etc etc.

I decided to use a body shop called Hughes Coachworks in Molesey. I work for a Jaguar dealership and we regularly send work his way, so i have seen his work quality which seemed very good

So, i had a word with him on what work i wanted to be carried out on the car in which he was really enthusiastic in doing. So to save money i stripped as much as i could like bumpers, lights, OEM side skirts, interior etc etc and March last year i drove the car to the body shop. The plan was for to have it ready for the summer for the shows etc.

April came, and went into May and nothing was done to the car. So i sent a few emails asking the progress of the car which they replied, were starting it next week so we will send some pics.

I thought great so i was all excited in getting my car back

June came and went and then we got into July and still no work done. So after endless emails back and forth they told me they said there having a meeting to plan who's working on the car.

Aug came and im now getting really pis*** off as nothing was done to the car still, then out of the blue i got theses pics

img_01321.jpg

img_01331.jpg

When i saw these pics, even though i have been let down by dates this got me excited again so i left them to it for a few weeks.

Sept came and nothing again, so i starting going down there to talk to him face to face. He told me with an attitude that the car was a winter project really. So i bit my tongue and crossed out the rest of the year for my Supra.

Jan came and what a surprise, nothing done so i said im pulling the car, they got a bit funny and wanted to charge me 1k but after lots of email and talks they convinced me to leave it there so they can get it ready for June.

Feb/March/April came went and still no different, Getting really rally angry now, I had it out with him face to face and he apologies which ment nothing to me but promised he would do it for the summer so i said fine..

while waiting through the months i got my bonnet vents done by Xquisite which i was really really impressed, and wished i took it to them first..oh well

Hope your not bored yet lol

June came, still nothing so Tuesday last week i said i'm pulling the car and he told me i think that's a good idea ! WHAT!!! why did he not say this 6 months ago. He said there will be a bill to pay and i said fine, i'm picking it up sat

They emailed me a bill for £1130 or £950 cash which i was really angry about so i mailed them saying i don't agree the bill, can you give me a breakdown of the bill, Due to the fact you did not finish the job and the time it has been in there.

So they did

the new bill came to £1355 + vat

What the F***

SO i got as much legal advise possible calling everyone and everyone. After 4 days of sleepless nights and not eating i decided i really just want this out of the way now and pay the cash and be done with it as i'm exhausted dealing with this Pri**

So i just emailed mailed them saying i'm paying cash please have everything ready for Sat

So today i picked up the car and the guy said "all right mate"

ALL RIGHT! ALL RIGHT! NO I'M NOT FUC**** ALL RIGHT so he then he disappeared and i delt with his painter who i get on with and he also thinks he is a assh***

It sitting i'm my garage now and Xquisite are doing it in July

I feel so relaxed now not having to deal with him again

here what it looks like now from 15 months in the body shop

DSC00374.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00375.jpg

I thought i better put my experience on here with Hughes Coachworks so no one on this club goes though the same crap i had too

sorry for the long read lol

I don;t understand bodyshops. surely a car only needs to be there for maximum of a week to have work done.

Why do they need cars to be sitting around for months on end???

I don't have much experience of them but this doesn't make any sense to me.

Why house all these cars instead of having them come in for a day or two when the works carried out??

I don;t understand bodyshops. surely a car only needs to be there for maximum of a week to have work done.

Why do they need cars to be sitting around for months on end???

I don't have much experience of them but this doesn't make any sense to me.

Why house all these cars instead of having them come in for a day or two when the works carried out??

Tell me about it!, i have had 15 month of hell, its getting sorted now by Xquisite

try reporting them to your local Trading Standards people and also have a work at work about taking their business to someone that gives a £$%" about customer service.

Nice wheels and hope we will see the finished project :thumbs:

There is quite a growing list of people on here with similar stories including myself, my car spent over a year of its life in body shop before taking out with shoddy work and getting it finished somewhere else where. I hope you car finally gets finished the way it deserves to be and i personally wish you good luck with it.

Feel for you mate - you shouldn't of paid him squat though! It just reinforces in his mind that its ok to bull%$£% customers for months then charge them huge amounts of money for doing nothing.

Heard good things about Xquisite so hopefully they do you lovely supra some justice!

if they do insurance work there is more money in that, so jobs like yours get pushed back until they're quiet and then they work on yours.

what they've done looks good, shame it took them 15 months to do it.

a good bodyshop is like having a precious jewel, they are hard to come by and when you find one you never let it go.

i have a good shop near me and now everything goes through them