Vacuum Leak?

Tricky-Ricky

This is an odd one, i took off my plenum yesterday to paint etc, today it goes back together, all tightened up fine, but with engine running i get a distinct hissing/sucking sound coming from around my catch can and pipework, now the only pipe i removed was the one to the plenum, but after replacing one of them there is still the noise.

So i get some soapy water and start to liberally paint the hoses an fittings but no sign of a leak, i pin the noise down to the non return valve that comes from the left hand cam cover, so i remove it and decide to seal up the join between the to different colour plastics, but to no avail, now is this just an odd noise coming from the air passing through the valve or could there be a leak that i cant detect? has anyone had something similar?

This is an odd one, i took off my plenum yesterday to paint etc, today it goes back together, all tightened up fine, but with engine running i get a distinct hissing/sucking sound coming from around my catch can and pipework, now the only pipe i removed was the one to the plenum, but after replacing one of them there is still the noise.

So i get some soapy water and start to liberally paint the hoses an fittings but no sign of a leak, i pin the noise down to the non return valve that comes from the left hand cam cover, so i remove it and decide to seal up the join between the to different colour plastics, but to no avail, now is this just an odd noise coming from the air passing through the valve or could there be a leak that i cant detect? has anyone had something similar?

you sure the gasket you used to put the plenum back is keeping it tight there? might be worth spraying some carb spray around the edges to see if the rpm changes? I used gasket on a tube when I put mine back... make sure you didnt trap something between the plenum and outside... easy to do.