dealer keeps damaging my car!

nparmar

Really annoyed with my local dealer! Dan Perkins in eastcote london.

3 weeks ago had my headunit replaced under warranty..........the monkey who did it managed to put about 15 scratches on my central console!!The manager said they would have them removed(still waiting for that to be sorted!

Well 3 days ago took it back to have crunchy gearbox look at........went to pick it up and saw that another one of their monkeys had crashed my nismo front bumber into something. There is a inch gap on the passenger side of the bumper for f.... sake!! Spoke to the manager and argued that it wasnt there when i dropped it off but he wouldnt accept responsiblity for it. The mechanic who did the work was an honest guy who said it wasnt there when he test drove it, then the manager said he would have it done for me!

So frustrated never gonna take it back there.......peeps beware of the dodgy dealer!!

sorry for the rant!

Sorry to hear about the damage.

My Z’s going to the dealers on Thursday maybe I should take pictures of it on there premises before it goes in.

As strange as itsounds this is probably a VERY good idea.

Either that or take a walk round the car - just as a dealer does when he is offering you a pathetic PX on your car - and show him the condition of your car.

Anything there AFTER you get it back has to be down to them then doesn't it! ;)

Ming the thoughtful

PS This is exactly why I used a tried, tested and most important of all TRUSTED independant garage. I KNOW that they will do what they say they will do and if they can't do it they WILL SAY SO!!!!!!!!!!

What you need to do is complain to the Head of Nissan UK. All dealers are still accountable to them, go to the MD, trust me they kick ass. I did it when I had my S2000 and they put crap oil in it instead of the FS oil I had given them. I got a full rebate on my service and an apology from the dealer principle.

Dealers should be afraid of their customers, not customers afraid of their dealers :boxing:

:angry: Its not on, Its like taking your kiddy to playschool and avin a bunch of hoodeys kick the cr** out of them, stick to your guns, who needs this ?

A bit strong but I know what you mean :thumbs::thumbs: Take pics, demand that they inspect your car before AND after. Do not leave until you are happy or you will have no comeback :thumbdown:

What you need to do is complain to the Head of Nissan UK. All dealers are still accountable to them, go to the MD, trust me they kick ass. I did it when I had my S2000 and they put crap oil in it instead of the FS oil I had given them. I got a full rebate on my service and an apology from the dealer principle.

Dealers should be afraid of their customers, not customers afraid of their dealers :boxing:

How would you know about the oil?

Same thing happened to me. Damaged wing mirror one time, brake fluid all over the bonnet the next time and again when I returned it to get the shoddy work sorted out Then they put tyre brace marks on my alloys when changing the front tyres.

All damage by two local main dealers. Ive ranted :rant: about this before and I now get the service manager to check out the car, as you do with a hire car, and take note of its condition before I hand it over.

Beware though. One of the dealers who always has loads of cars parked outside leaving hardly any space to get into the garage, told me that the car is only their responsibility when it’s in the garage and not out on their parking area. Any damage caused here is down to me. :thumbdown:

Dicky

. One of the dealers who always has loads of cars parked outside leaving hardly any space to get into the garage, told me that the car is only their responsibility when it’s in the garage and not out on their parking area. Any damage caused here is down to me. :thumbdown:

Dicky

I would say this is BOLLOX.

If I lend you something and you break or damage it then its your fault and you fix it. Once the car is with the dealer/mechanic/garage etc its in thier car and on their insurance. If it gets left on their forecourt and some chimp opens a door into it then I reckon its down to them to fix it!

I would definately pursue them for costs!!

Ming the Considered

I’m with you on that Ming. When I argued the toss with the service manager he pointed to a notice on their wall, no kidding, it was about 200yds away, down the yard, from the service reception entrance :wacko: .

When they damaged my wing mirror they insisted their technician had spotted the damage and recorded it before he started his work. "Oh Yeah", I said, well ticks are easily applied to a piece of paper and in any case you checked the car over youself before he started. Oh, were a pratfessional dealer sir, he said. His understanding of the word was obviously as bad as my spelling!

I had to arrange a meeting with him, next day, in his office and go over my whole sorry experience of the damage and poor service I’d received from his “professionalâ€